Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aliemware - And another one bites the dust

Options
  • 25-03-2009 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭

Will the last business to close down please turn off the lights?

I know they not officially done anything yet but you can bet yer ass they will

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭roosterman71

They are closing - was confirmed yesterday. Shut be shut by September. Only the tech staff in the call center will remain to honour warranties. When the warranties are out, no more Alienware

RTE News

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Eireann

Shame for their staff, havent seen too many jobs advertised around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Never saw Alienware as a viable company in the long run, but it's still crap regardless. When dell bought them out, it was a bit obvious that they just wanted rid of competition, now the jobs are off to Poland. I'd love to setup a rival company on the same scale, but dell are pulling out for cheaper labour, meaning they could plough you under if they felt threatened. I now recommend other suppliers to my customers :P

Advertisement