Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bernard Matthews Mini Kievs...anywhere in Sligo

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

The chipper in Gurteen has them too - Mr. fozzle says they're the same as Christies had. They're delish!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

DIL-Z wrote: »
    The garlic nuggets in the happy eater are the same as the mini kiev's:D

The Happy Eater have started doing deliveries round my way. I shall need to be airlifted out of the house in about two weeks. God, its bad but GOD, its good!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Am I too young to know what these Bernard Matthews mini kievs are because I've never heard of them:(

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Am I too young to know what these Bernard Matthews mini kievs are because I've never heard of them:(

Bless you kiddo. ;)

They are small balls of chicken, with a hollow centre filled with garlic butter, covered in breadcrumbs. Frozen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I know what mini kievs are but whats so special about Bernard Matthews mini kievs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I know what mini kievs are but whats so special about Bernard Matthews mini kievs?

There's an extra chance of getting bird flu - so I expect it's the thrill factor. :P

In every batch they make, they hide a gold nugget. Its the luck of the Gods whether you get it or not.

In every batch they make, they hide a gold nugget. Its the luck of the Gods whether you get it or not.

If you're Jordan's kid, you're more likely to find a broad bean!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

As I understand it, they're like a combination of chicken nuggets and chicken kievs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Bless you kiddo. ;)

They are small balls of chicken, with a hollow centre filled with garlic butter, covered in breadcrumbs. Frozen.

It's hardly chicken!! It's made from chicken scrapings cooked of the bone and then processed mmmmm!!! I think I go with starbelgrade receipe!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Xiney wrote: »
    As I understand it, they're like a combination of chicken nuggets and chicken kievs?
    There the type of thing that frighten the bejeepers out of me, when your tryin to promote healthy eating for your child. They have a habit of turning up on kids menus as treats when your out, them and fish fingers and chips (which is supposed to be the token vegetable). :mad: I even see them in some of these indoor playground, and I thought theyd be promoting healthy lifestyle. :confused:
    Mind you I know I grew up in a typical Irish household that most things would have been cooked from scratch but overcooked to an inch of their life so had probably minimal benefits anyway.:rolleyes: And your treat was min...er...al (a coke) tayto and chocolate together! Still love these and I know they are bad, the chicken kievs are the same I reckon its about emotional attachment. We are all allowed a bit of food boldness every so often aren't we? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Where I come from crisps, fizzy drinks and processed food are something found in deprived areas. We only had fizzy drinks and crisps at parties. My mother cooked everything from scratch and we do so too. I can't stand the high contents salt and/or additives. We also always ate at table without telly, unlike most scottish households. How is that overhere in ireland? I suppose you all ate at the table too?

I love fresh food, so again starbelgrades receipe wins for me!! will let you know if I still think so after cooking it!

Where I come from crisps, fizzy drinks and processed food are something found in deprived areas. We only had fizzy drinks and crisps at parties. My mother cooked everything from scratch and we do so too. I can't stand the high contents salt and/or additives. We also always ate at table without telly, unlike most scottish households. How is that overhere in ireland? I suppose you all ate at the table too?

I love fresh food, so again starbelgrades receipe wins for me!! will let you know if I still think so after cooking it!

We all ate at the table together every day (breakfast & "tea-time") & without a TV in the room. But then again, we'd only one TV!

Let us know how you get on with the kievs - I've cooked them a few times & they are delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cath252

Just to correct some earlier posters here...... the bernard matthews mini kievs are actually made from turkey, not chicken. (Albeit a minimal amount of turkey I am sure :) )
    There is just something yummy about them - served as a treat on a rare occasion these are lovely - serve with side salad and twice cooked home made chips - divine!
    Me and my hubby used to eat these when we worked in the uk years ago. We were on holiday in the UK a couple of years ago and got some for our teenage kids and they loved them -Dunnes and Supervalu used to have them here - over 10 years ago now I would say. They always sold out in record time, but none of them stock them now. Might make a trip to Iceland in Clonmel to see if they have them now- am craving them :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Abbey Frozen Foods have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Zombie Thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement