Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

J1 visa dealing directly with the embassy ?

• 25-03-2009 2:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭

Does anyone know if you can get a J1 without going through one of the companies (USIT, GO4LESS etc. ) Can you just deal directly with the embassy ?

Or is it possible to go through one of the companies without booking your flights with them ?? Basically i want to book my own flights. As part of the Bank of Ireland student travel loan they give you free flights to America, so I would like to use these instead of booking it through an agency.

Thanks for any advice,

DM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ianwalsh2

A friend of mine tried to go through te embassy and they told him he had to go through the likes of USIT etc. It'd probably be too much hassle for them.

Not sure about the flights thing though.

Advertisement