Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Cream Cones

• 25-03-2009 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭

hi guys Sorry about starting a new thread for this but its starting to be that kind of weather of cones. Im wondering in terms of fat & calories how bad would a cone be?? Obviously Without The flake:p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭Tootsie

No idea but I love emmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Erm, I would give these a miss entirely if you're serious about dieting. They're almost pure sugar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Yes but Dolorous, can you honestly say you will never have an ice cream cone again?

IMO it's better to know what you're consuming when you do decide to have one. Then it's an informed decision and not a "To hell with it!" moment.

To answer the OP, haven't a clue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭*Honey*

Gosh, for the very odd treat, they're not too bad... I usually have one on hols, so I think I could still have the one and not feel too bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I've always heard that whipped icecream has less calories and fat in it per gram than the full fat icecream from a block you take out of the fridge. It's something to do with whipped icecream containing more air and being a little less dense.
    Info on that Tesco site seems to bear it out :

Going for a medium cone ups your cals to nearly 80 while a large cone packs in 110 calories, 5g of fat and over 12g of sugar (2 Totals). And what about all those extras?
    But let’s up the ante and have a look at regular, frozen ice cream. The average scoop of ice cream crams in 80 cals and 9g of fat

I always preferred whipped icecream anyway.I want one now!:)

Advertisement