Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best places to buy car tyres?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

jimmmy wrote: »
    Shop away in the North. If you think you will not pay extra by way of extra taxes and higher unemployment figures, you've the head buried in the sand.

And if we keep shopping localy at our local rip offs, prices will never drop. Hence the prices dropping along the border already! Retailers should be patriotic first and support us, then I will support them.

My tyres were a 120 euro's the cheappest (B brand) and I got them up north for 90 sterling (A brand) Car parts were always cheaper up north even when our VAT was lower and the sterling higher.

If it goes really bad we can always get a job in enniskillen!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

jimmmy wrote: »
    The fellow from Derry would say that, would he not ? I have no connection with Regans or the tyre trade but I would be equally suspicious of someone from Derry selling sub-standard tyres than someone from Sligo. You should verify the type / make of tyre from each before coming to conclusions.

The Derry store offered me a choice of brands, most of which I recognised, at different prices; Regans fitted Hankook. I distrust Far Eastern brands - they do not always meet European standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bmw 03

the only place to get quality tyres at best price is sligo tyre centre pearse rd sligo i tryed them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Zombie thread.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement