Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

May Start Date

• 25-03-2009 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hey folks, got the call for May this morning, still can't believe it! :eek: Anyone else get the call?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Ali08

Well done Nickni!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭nickni

Ali08 wrote: »
    Well done Nickni!!!! :D

thanks! Ali, still can't believe it, 7th time lucky :eek: lol. Such a good feeling. Been walking around with a silly grin on my face ever since i got the call, people will be starting to talk bout me lol :D:p

Hope plenty more boardies get the call, be a good laugh trying to work out whos who :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

nickni wrote: »
    Hey folks, got the call for May this morning, still can't believe it! :eek: Anyone else get the call?

well done mate! i bet your well chuffed! We'll try not to go to hard on you when we're showing you about!

when is your induction day?

Penis Eye wrote: »
    well done mate! i bet your well chuffed! We'll try not to go to hard on you when we're showing you about!

when is your induction day?

Thanks mate, so chuffed its unreal :cool:
    Induction is at the end of april but i forgot the date in my excitement :o Can't wait to get stuck into my dream job :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭1979SD

Well done Nicki, Very pleased for you.
    Hope to see more happy people on here today, as it will be a long wait for the next batch of calls with no June course!
    Good luck Nicki
    1979sd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭el_nino_9

Congrats nick. I'm really pleased for you, u know what they say 7th times a charm, lol! How early did u get the call? You are not far away from me, il be keeping my phone close by, lol! Are you low 250s or high 250s? If you don't mind me asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭1979SD

How cheeky of recruitment to start the calls a day early!
    I'm glad I didn't get mine now, i'd have been so unprepared! Honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭bet0409

Excellent! Well done, very pleased for you, I guess that means we'll be seeing you on your induction day to show you around the lovely accommodation! Have fun celebrating...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭cpn

Brilliant mate! Im so so pleased for you! Cant wait to show you round g'ville!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Tonyac

Congratulations Nickni, The waiting games over for me too, got the call 30 mins ago, brillant news, i'll be buzzing all day now lol. :D This was my first and only shot at it otherwise it was the army, the relief!

Good luck to everyone else too

Tonyac wrote: »
    Congratulations Nickni, The waiting games over for me too, got the call 30 mins ago, brillant news, i'll be buzzing all day now lol. :D This was my first and only shot at it otherwise it was the army, the relief!

brilliant mate. briliiant! i know how you feel! looking forward to meeting you both at your srd!

1979SD wrote: »
    Well done Nicki, Very pleased for you.
    Hope to see more happy people on here today, as it will be a long wait for the next batch of calls with no June course!
    Good luck Nicki
    1979sd

Thanks mate, yeah i hope to see more people get that elusive call today too! That wait is what was worrying me if i didn't get a call for may! But thankfully they gave me something to look forward too! :D

el_nino_9 wrote: »
    Congrats nick. I'm really pleased for you, u know what they say 7th times a charm, lol! How early did u get the call? You are not far away from me, il be keeping my phone close by, lol! Are you low 250s or high 250s? If you don't mind me asking?

Thanks mate, was around lunchtime, I'm mid 250's mate. Never know mate we might end up on same intake, your round 300 aren't you?:)

cpn wrote: »
    Brilliant mate! Im so so pleased for you! Cant wait to show you round g'ville!:D

Cheers mate, it'll be nice to see a friendly face lol :p

Tonyac wrote: »

Cheers mate, congratulations to you too! The feeling is unreal isnt it mate? Good luck all those still waiting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

Brilliant news - Nick Ni and Tonay AC! Best feeling ever aint it!!! Get in there!!!

Thanks mate, was around lunchtime, I'm mid 250's mate. Never know mate we might end up on same intake, your round 300 aren't you?:)

I'm mid 260s mate so yeah we could be in the same intake. I don know if my betting will have cleared though. It's been in since September so I'm hoping it has.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Well done nickni and Tonyac. Wish it was me!!!

Just in time for the open necked shirts arent you?!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭surfrunner

I got a message on my phone to call appts. call came about 3pm. I didnt get the message to 5.30. Is This it?

• Advertisement

:DI would say so mate. :D

heres hoping!!. will call first thing in the morning and let you all know.:eek:

surfrunner wrote: »
    heres hoping!!. will call first thing in the morning and let you all know.:eek:

Before 11am please;)

PS, the timing of the call fits in:

*nicni posted that they were in for May around 2pm,
    *Tonyac posted that they recieved the call around 3.30pm

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Well done to all so far. Prepare for the Trim Trail now. See if you can beat TSG15's time of 13 seconds. :D

Before 11am please;)

will do

el_nino_9 wrote: »
    I'm mid 260s mate so yeah we could be in the same intake. I don know if my betting will have cleared though. It's been in since September so I'm hoping it has.

You should phone vetting and ask mate, put ur mind at ease......

i really dont want to bother them to be honest. if they phone for may then that would be brilliant but i would like to think it should definitely be done by july, :mad: it sunk in yet mate? bet your well happy! how long did your vetting take?

You should phone vetting and ask mate, put ur mind at ease......

Anyone know what will happen about pay?

• Advertisement

Anyone know what will happen about pay?

If you start after the 15 day of the month you dont get paid until the end of the following month. You can get an advance but you have to be able to prove 'exceptional hardship'

psni wrote: »
    Well done to all so far. Prepare for the Trim Trail now. See if you can beat TSG15's time of 13 seconds. :D

Whats the trim trail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

I got a message on my phone to call appts. call came about 3pm. I didnt get the message to 5.30. Is This it?

im 99.9% sure thats it m8t!! i was just of the plane to the toon when i turned on my phone i had a voicemail from appointments and rung back and bingo it was the call, best weekend ever:D

congrats to nickni and tonyac:D i just missed out on joining yas on may:(

Whats the trim trail?

I would imagine its similar to the one near us. a run round a forest with excercise clusters dotted around it! possibly also the home of the fabled 3.1 mile run we have to do. don't quote me on that tho i could be wrong. i have been wrong once or twice in my life as im sure you'll find out in the upcoming months! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

I would imagine its similar to the one near us. a run round a forest with excercise clusters dotted around it! possibly also the home of the fabled 3.1 mile run we have to do. don't quote me on that tho i could be wrong. i have been wrong once or twice in my life as im sure you'll find out in the upcoming months! :D

You're not far wrong this time. It is indeed the home of the 5k. Gotta love that ski slope LOL

On a different note, HUGE congrats to those who got the call, I'm sure there's more to come tomorrow, fingers crossed for everyone!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭emz2009

Hi Just want to say a big congrats to all those who have heard so far and also the rest who will hear tomo ;) fingers crossed for u all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

Oh yeah baby, that's the call alright!!! Mine came at about 4.50pm earlier in March, got ans phone message around 18.00pm leaving work! could hardly sleep that night I tell yeeee!!!:D

Best of luck for the morning surfrunner! I just had to ring the next morning too, tryed to postpone it honestly ;)!!! Great feeling!!!!:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 sithlordm3

Well done to all who got the call for May. You lucky people will be joining me! :)

Ran 3.6 miles tonight & I'm cream crackered! (wont disclose my time though) ahem....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Copped Off

Hi Folks!!!

New to This myself!! Got the CALL today!!!!!!!! Cant really believe it, 1st time applying, looking forward to meeting you all in Hotel Garnerville!!! I wonder what colour we will be! The lady i spoke to said we would have an induction but i cant remember the date of it as i was too excited!! Have been out tonight celebraiting!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭waawaa

ccongrats to all those who have gotten the call!!! jealousy doesnt even cover how i feel.....lucky gits!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Track

Happy days, well done! What's your app. merit if you don't mind me asking.....???

• Advertisement

Copped Off wrote: »
    Hi Folks!!!

New to This myself!! Got the CALL today!!!!!!!! Cant really believe it, 1st time applying, looking forward to meeting you all in Hotel Garnerville!!! I wonder what colour we will be! The lady i spoke to said we would have an induction but i cant remember the date of it as i was too excited!! Have been out tonight celebraiting!!

Congratulations mate, i'll be seeing you there! :D

Yep... Im in. Confirmed this morning. Maybe looking to defer to later in the year due to work and holidays already booked and paid for etc ....been such a long haul....didnt expect a call this soon..

:)

Yep... Im in. Confirmed this morning. Maybe looking to defer to later in the year due to work and holidays already booked and paid for etc.... im excited and nervous....been such a long haul....didnt expect a call this soon..

Yoooo I was right. Well done!!:D

Yep... Im in. Confirmed this morning. Maybe looking to defer to later in the year due to work and holidays already booked and paid for etc.... im excited and nervous....been such a long haul....didnt expect a call this soon..

Well done mate :)

Cheers Y'all

well done surf runner! you'll have to keep them other 2 inline!

and congrasts to you to copped off! nothing like a good Call to bring new boardsies from under the rock! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭TSG 15

[quote=psni; See if you can beat TSG15's time of 13 seconds. :D[/quote]

That was just the ski slope bit lol :D..........but in reverse mind you ;)

Ah I thought as much! You up for a run round the trim trail when im home? I think from memory that 2 laps is about 5k.

Well done to everyone else who got the call by the way! One of the best feelings ever:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

well done surf runner! you'll have to keep them other 2 inline!

and congrasts to you to copped off! nothing like a good Call to bring new boardsies from under the rock! lol
    hes been a member longer than you is your talkin about surf runner lol

congrats to all who got the call!

Ah I thought as much! You up for a run round the trim trail when im home? I think from memory that 2 laps is about 5k.

Well done to everyone else who got the call by the way! One of the best feelings ever:D

sounds good! im resting up to get rid of these shin splints! then trying out my old runners (never had any bother with them) and then ill be ready and raring to go! doing weights to atm so im not doin nothin! i also have a good run thats 3.4 miles... gravel... riverside...hard sand.... soft sand.... hard sand....up steps.... road..... grass!

its a good run if ur up for doin that one as well?

• Advertisement
Advertisement