Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

May Start Date

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Copped Off

nickni wrote: »
    Congratulations mate, i'll be seeing you there! :D

Cheers Nick!!!

Looking forward to it, vetting took a while......!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Copped Off

Penis Eye wrote: »
    well done surf runner! you'll have to keep them other 2 inline!

and congrasts to you to copped off! nothing like a good Call to bring new boardsies from under the rock! lol

Thanks Penis Eye!!! Always did like yor user name lol!!! Brilliant!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭waawaa

this trim trail youre talking about, is it the one in Coleraine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

waawaa wrote: »
    this trim trail youre talking about, is it the one in Coleraine?

it may be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Ali08

HELLLLOOOOO people!

Got the call earlier! Wooooooohooooooo!!

(might be deferring though so don't get too excited!! lol)
    :D:D:D:pac::D:D:D:):eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭bet0409

Ali08 wrote: »
    HELLLLOOOOO people!

woohoo is right, well done, dead pleased for you!

Thanks bet!

congrats ali! thats 4 boardies now fingers crossed for a few more before the day is out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Maura2145

congrats everyone thats got the call! yous will be showing us around GV :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

HELLLLOOOOO people!

well done ali08! I new you were gonna get the call today!!!

your gettin some tonight!!! ;)

IM IN!! IM IN!!! IM IN!!!!!!!

get in there. looks like thats 5 of us now. hands are shaking & ive just lost all interest in the fact that it is the end of the financial year & theres a stack of accouts stuff to do:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭surfrunner

get in there. looks like thats 5 of us now. hands are shaking & ive just lost all interest in the fact that it is the end of the financial year & theres a stack of accouts stuff to do:D:D:D:D

well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭el_nino_9

congrats to all get the elusive call. do they got out over 2days just or longer? im just keeping my fingers crossed and phone by my side.

i think last month they went out over a couple of days so theres plenty of time for more boardies to get in for mays

el_nino_9 wrote: »
    congrats to all get the elusive call. do they got out over 2days just or longer? im just keeping my fingers crossed and phone by my side.

from memory it was over a couple of days for april intake calls, the thursday and friday i think. was just looking at the scoreboard thing for merit in the vetting thread, if your vetting has cleared you should so be getting into this intake based on your merit number el_nino, got my fingers crossed for you, keep on hoping!

well done waawaa and all the others!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭cpn

sounds good! im resting up to get rid of these shin splints! then trying out my old runners (never had any bother with them) and then ill be ready and raring to go! doing weights to atm so im not doin nothin! i also have a good run thats 3.4 miles... gravel... riverside...hard sand.... soft sand.... hard sand....up steps.... road..... grass!

its a good run if ur up for doin that one as well?

Yip for def!

Well done Ali and Waawaa:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

congrats waa waa i knew youd be phoned lol

and to ali, i knew the same for you would happen haha

congrats

smyff wrote: »
    congrats waa waa i knew youd be phoned lol

and to ali, i knew the same for you would happen haha

congrats

cheers smyff, glad someone knew, had decided not to read too many of the board postings, just incase i wound myself up about it. think a celebration is on the cards tonite:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 CityGirl88

hiya everyone!
    anybody have a rough idea of the highest RC merit number to be called so far? am praying for a call for the may intake (thinkin i would have a guardian angel or something looking down on me knowin its my time :pac: lol) but i know that its probs nowhere near my time...thats if i even get a chance. It would just be sooo handy to get the call for may, cos i finish uni on the 7th may!! but nobody could be that lucky, eh?
    citygirl xxx
    ps... sooo frustrating!!

well done waawaa! looks like i was right! i knew you would get in! bet your well pleased!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭nickni

HELLLLOOOOO people!

Happy days, congratulations folks :D

So who is all in May so far?

nickni
    Tonyac
    sithlordm3
    Copped_Off
    surfrunner
    Ali08
    waawaa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭dark side

well done to the seven boardies in for may so far - the month of my birthday and my ist lol

I think this forum is invaluable for anyone wanting to Join the PSNI

So a big thanks to everyone who has posted on here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Track

CityGirl88 wrote: »
    hiya everyone!
    anybody have a rough idea of the highest RC merit number to be called so far? am praying for a call for the may intake (thinkin i would have a guardian angel or something looking down on me knowin its my time :pac: lol) but i know that its probs nowhere near my time...thats if i even get a chance. It would just be sooo handy to get the call for may, cos i finish uni on the 7th may!! but nobody could be that lucky, eh?
    citygirl xxx
    ps... sooo frustrating!!

I'm not sure the merit system helps much; it seems to be all down to vetting. 2 RCs with merits ranging from 750-850 are in (a big well done to them!), whereas 1979 and I are still waiting to be cleared for vetting.......:confused:

Track wrote: »
    I'm not sure the merit system helps much; it seems to be all down to vetting. 2 RCs with merits ranging from 750-850 are in (a big well done to them!), whereas 1979 and I are still waiting to be cleared for vetting.......:confused:

aw cheers track!! that gives me a little bit of hope!! i rung recruitment around the end of january and my vetting was still ongoing...i dont wana ring again as MrsGeneHunt is always saying it may slow the process down and i dont wana chance it!! i wud sooo love to find out if it has cleared tho! cos i honestly dont see why it could take soo long!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Sadie OOO!!!

Got the call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starting in May. They phoned yesterday :D. I am soooooooo pleased. I would like to thank everyone for there help and support especially through the PCA. Can't wait to get going now. BRING IT ON!!!! Well done to everyone else who recieved the calls the past few days. ;)

well done Sadie ooo! welcome to the gang!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Sadie OOO!!!

well done Sadie ooo! welcome to the gang!

Cheers. It's crazy cause i thought with my merit (800+) i had no chance and even if i had i thought it would of been one of the last intakes, so shocked to say the least. :) I'm speachless and don't know what else to right. Think it's going to take a while to sink in.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Well done Sadie OOO I am so pleased for you!!!!!

They're saving the very last intake for me IF I get in :D

MBC x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

Starting in May. They phoned yesterday :D. I am soooooooo pleased. I would like to thank everyone for there help and support especially through the PCA. Can't wait to get going now. BRING IT ON!!!! Well done to everyone else who recieved the calls the past few days. ;)

yeooooooo (i actually just said that out aloud hahaha)

congrats big lad. im really happy for you, especially with all your worry with the PCA!!! great news like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

MBC you could be up next!!!!

• Advertisement

well done waawaa! looks like i was right! i knew you would get in! bet your well pleased!:D

cheers Mr Eye, just got home from work & ringing round as many family members as i can to fill them in. gonna have to get out for an aul jog or two i suppose

congrats sadie, looks like theres a good enuff number of us gettin in now, fingers crossed for a few more over the next couple of days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭nickni

Congratulations mate, see you there! :D

congrats to everyone who got the call today and yesterday!! i am soo jealous!
    my fingers r sore from them being crossed all the time!! :D

well done sadie oooo thats brilliant news! all that hard pca trainin paid off! will see you at your srd!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭surfrunner

Well done mate.....and all the others. Big pat on the back all round!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

integra1 wrote: »
    MBC you could be up next!!!!

Thanks Teg, but I'm not very confident at all :o. Trying to stay positive but prepare for the rejection letter. So pleased for you though - congrats again Officer Teg :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Jill77

Congratulations everyone, can't wait to hear all your tales from the training...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭el_nino_9

bet0409 wrote: »
    from memory it was over a couple of days for april intake calls, the thursday and friday i think. was just looking at the scoreboard thing for merit in the vetting thread, if your vetting has cleared you should so be getting into this intake based on your merit number el_nino, got my fingers crossed for you, keep on hoping!

well done waawaa and all the others!

Thanks bet, yeh il keep hoping but not too confident. If I knew how my vetting was going, been away since September. Do you think there will be more calls tomorrow? Who was it that OHW forgot to put their name forward to appointments after their appeal? I hope they havnt forgot to do that with me. A big congrats again to all who got the call, wish I could be joining use but il have to wait until July now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

Thanks Teg, but I'm not very confident at all :o. Trying to stay positive but prepare for the rejection letter. So pleased for you though - congrats again Officer Teg :D

Officer Teg I like it! nice ring to it! Officer MBC soon!:D Thanks again mate, I can't wait to get started in July!!!:eek:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

congrats sadie oooo, well deserved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Kirksbabe

Congrats to everyone who got the call, what a cracking time of the year to start GV!! No cold parade grounds to march round! Can anyone tell me what merit number the non-rc pool has reached. I reckon around 260ish?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Kirksbabe wrote: »
    Congrats to everyone who got the call, what a cracking time of the year to start GV!! No cold parade grounds to march round! Can anyone tell me what merit number the non-rc pool has reached. I reckon around 260ish?:confused:

Aye, somewhere around there I think. I hope they get through another 90 merit places to me!!;):D

el_nino_9 wrote: »
    Thanks bet, yeh il keep hoping but not too confident. If I knew how my vetting was going, been away since September. Do you think there will be more calls tomorrow? Who was it that OHW forgot to put their name forward to appointments after their appeal? I hope they havnt forgot to do that with me. A big congrats again to all who got the call, wish I could be joining use but il have to wait until July now!

flip, not sure who that was but it doesn't inspire confidence! when was the last time you called vetting for an update? I know some people on here say not to keep ringing, but if you haven't phoned in a couple of months it might be worthwhile calling for an update, you have such a good merit number it would be such a shame if they don't put you in this intake if it is possible. I wouldn't rule out more calls, maybe even the beginning of next week with people deferring. Don't lose hope for this intake, I know its great for the others but we all haven't forgot about you so keep yer chin up as they say, you deserve to get in....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Kirksbabe

Haven't posted in a while, so I have probably missed this but does anyone know why there is no June intake?

• Advertisement

Aye, somewhere around there I think. I hope they get through another 90 merit places to me!!;):D

that could very well happen PYG! maybe they could squeeze another 100 odd places and i would be in with a shout as well! I know that non rc person was in c13 with merit in 370s! here's hoping, am beginning to really despair with my current job ( my soul is so black from the amount of swearing out of frustration!):(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

that could very well happen PYG! maybe they could squeeze another 100 odd places and i would be in with a shout as well! I know that non rc person was in c13 with merit in 370s! here's hoping, am beginning to really despair with my current job ( my soul is so black from the amount of swearing out of frustration!):(

Swear box for PSM. Yeah if all went to plan you me and MGH could be strutting our stuff through the gates of GV together!!;):)

Well if you think on it, they are taking non-rcs in the mid to high 200's at the moment, so they are bound to need us for the July-october'ish intakes. Im sure there are RCs between those non-RCs getting the call and ourelsves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

Kirksbabe wrote: »
    Haven't posted in a while, so I have probably missed this but does anyone know why there is no June intake?

usually they skip a month each year and its usually July, but this year theyve changed it, im not sure why tho:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

just wanna say a huge congratulations to all who got the call so far, best feeling ever:)

congrats

Nickni
    TonyAc
    surfrunner
    copped off
    Surfrunner
    Alio8
    Waawaa
    especially to sadie ooo who had to go through the pca

seems like a good squad, hpefully the july one has this many boardies to:D

well done again!!

Swear box for PSM. Yeah if all went to plan you me and MGH could be strutting our stuff through the gates of GV together!!;):)

Well if you think on it, they are taking non-rcs in the mid to high 200's at the moment, so they are bound to need us for the July-october'ish intakes. Im sure there are RCs between those non-RCs getting the call and ourelsves

That'd be a crazy but fab scenario, 3 of us in at the same time! would be great craic!

• Advertisement
Advertisement