Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

May Start Date

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 William 100

Thanks for the quick reply, ill get on the phone to recruitment today then and get that number updated. Id like to know how my vetting is getting on but I understand how busy they are and from some of the posts on here, its maybe for the best not to ask in case I get a frosty reception from them. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

Thanks for the quick reply, ill get on the phone to recruitment today then and get that number updated. Id like to know how my vetting is getting on but I understand how busy they are and from some of the posts on here, its maybe for the best not to ask in case I get a frosty reception from them. lol

They will probably tell you they need you to send it by email or in writing direct at least thats what I was told when I had to get something changed and You need not worry about a frosty reception (unless your calling twice a day :D ) the staff are quite professional. And if your number did not work I'm sure they wouldn't simply give up on it and would probably try your house phone next :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭surfrunner

When i spoke to Appts last week they said it would be Wed before we receive our packs. Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭nickni

surfrunner wrote: »
    When i spoke to Appts last week they said it would be Wed before we receive our packs. Hope this helps

Cheers mate, what date they say for the induction again?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭doug-26

Ali08 wrote: »
    Nickni
    TonyAc
    copped off
    Surfrunner
    Alio8
    Waawaa
    SadieOOO
    Olympian31
    Doug26

What a fine list of respectable persons :P Hope you all get your appointment packs today (I did) - I never realised we had to bring in so much stuff for SRN!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭waawaa

really? like what? is there tons of info in the pack?

waawaa wrote: »
    really? like what? is there tons of info in the pack?

At a rough guesstimate there are 100 pages, a lot of them are double sided! At least I'm off work today, I'll have a chance to go through it all! :cool:

Got mine today too, makes it all real! :D Alot of stuff to read, and quite a few things we need on SRN etc :eek:

doug-26 wrote: »
    At a rough guesstimate there are 100 pages, a lot of them are double sided! At least I'm off work today, I'll have a chance to go through it all! :cool:

eek!! thats a good bit. cant wait to get a look over it, it will make it all very real. it feels like ages since i got the call, & almost like id made the whole thing up.

eek!! thats a good bit. cant wait to get a look over it, it will make it all very real. it feels like ages since i got the call, & almost like id made the whole thing up.

Me too, i was starting to thing someone was playin a joke on me :eek::D

• Advertisement

i know, my recruitment agency had a knack of calling me from a witheld number on days that calls went out & leaving messages. because me phone is so banjaxed i couldnt retrieve the messages so was continually thinking i was in when i wasnt. glad that waiting is all over now though, seems all worthwhile.

Couldn't have said it better! Last Friday seems like a month ago! Never mind last summer when I had my AC! Its almost like a different decade!

Should i inform Deloitte now that i won't be attending my IST?

yeah ac seems like alifetime ago, had re-applied for this new campaign too & was due to have my new ac towards the end of next month. so glad i can miss it out. how embarassing would it be if you failed it?

nickni wrote: »
    Should i inform Deloitte now that i won't be attending my IST?
    yeah ac seems like alifetime ago, had re-applied for this new campaign too & was due to have my new ac towards the end of next month. so glad i can miss it out. how embarassing would it be if you failed it?

I had applied too, my IST was scheduled to be about 6 weeks earlier than last year's! Humph! I must let them know today, do any of you guys know the number? My invitation letter is buried under a mountain of paperwork somewhere :confused:

yeah ac seems like alifetime ago, had re-applied for this new campaign too & was due to have my new ac towards the end of next month. so glad i can miss it out. How embarassing would it be if you failed it?

Imagine :eek:

I had applied too, my IST was scheduled to be about 6 weeks earlier than last year's! Humph! I must let them know today, do any of you guys know the number? My invitation letter is buried under a mountain of paperwork somewhere :confused:

I'm just going to e-mail them mate, think that would be ok if i put the uid etc in the e-mail?

I'm just going to e-mail them mate, think that would be ok if i put the uid etc in the e-mail?

That seems as good an option as there is, i'm sure they have people dropping out all the time from ISTs. I think i'll do the same! :)

I wonder if all the boardsies who are starting in May have facebook? I think I read somewhere else that the april intake have their own group, it would be good to get to know some faces before May!

i don't have facebook, bebo, myspace etc. Can't be bothered with them to be honest lol But i agree it would be good to know some faces :)

i don't have facebook, bebo, myspace etc. Can't be bothered with them to be honest lol But i agree it would be good to know some faces :)

:eek: how DO you survive without them!! :P I'll be missing them when I go to GV, I hope iPhones aren't banned :D

• Advertisement

i have facebook & bebo...you can never be in contact with too many people! sounds like a good idea though.

might get one just for gv :D

i have facebook & bebo...you can never be in contact with too many people! sounds like a good idea though.

Hm in that case I'll might make us May intake a wee group! :D Can you tell i'm bored? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

I had bebo. Deleted it. Set up Facebook a couple months back but havent done much with it and dont use it! Oh if only I was a May'er!!

Have fun online folks but remember personal security and the security of others involved.

I had bebo. Deleted it. Set up Facebook a couple months back but havent done much with it and dont use it! Oh if only I was a May'er!!

Have fun online folks but remember personal security and the security of others involved.

I'd love to be a June'r or a July'r, my birthday is not long after we're due to start training! I'll be the same age as you'll be this year.. gosh we're getting old!

Good reminder on the security thing. I'm a bit of a facebook privacy noob lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

i haaaaaaate bebo i never use it these days. i made my profile private though cause i had a stalker. never use facebook but ive an account. theyre all wick lol.

doug your only coming 20 this year chief?!

Yeah im 20 in July!! Doug I thought you were 26?!?!

smyff wrote: »
    doug your only coming 20 this year chief?!

I am boy! The big 2-0..half way to 40. I think a mini quarter-life-crisis is in order around the start of May.
    Yeah im 20 in July!! Doug I thought you were 26?!?!

26? How very dare you! I think i'll be one of the youngest in my intake. I don't think any of the others are 19/20. Sure it's all a bit of craic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Tonyac

26? How very dare you! I think i'll be one of the youngest in my intake. I don't think any of the others are 19/20. Sure it's all a bit of craic!

I assumed that too with the username, "Doug-26", must stand for something else then. Ive just turned 23 myself so was thinking id be one of the younger ones too.

• Advertisement

I am boy! The big 2-0..half way to 40. I think a mini quarter-life-crisis is in order around the start of May.

ahem! i happen to be 26 shortly before our srd so less of the scoffing! & spare a thought for those of us who are over halfway to 50 never mind 40:D

Tonyac wrote: »

I assumed that too with the username, "Doug-26", must stand for something else then. Ive just turned 23 myself so was thinking id be one of the younger ones too.

Nah, 26 is just a number that I have an affinity with. It recurs alot during my life in a wierd, fate-would-have-it kinda way. Lol.

Tonyac, us young ones must stick together! :D

Nah, 26 is just a number that I have an affinity with. It recurs alot during my life in a wierd, fate-would-have-it kinda way. Lol.

Tonyac, us young ones must stick together! :D

i know what you mean. every morning i look at my clock and its 9:11

and i get 13:37 hours alot which is a leet time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Ali08

Did anyone else get their pack today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Copped Off

ahem! i happen to be 26 shortly before our srd so less of the scoffing! & spare a thought for those of us who are over halfway to 50 never mind 40:D

Hi Again people!!
    Been away from this for a while.. got pack today too!!! Lot of stuff isnt it??:eek:

Will we be given the Deff's at the SRN along with the colour we are as i assumed that they would be in the pack...?? I know this may sound stupid!!!:rolleyes:

anyone know what colour the may intake will be? :)

• Advertisement

has anyone else heard of anyone getting any calls this week? seems to have sorta dried up!!!

smyff wrote: »
    has anyone else heard of anyone getting any calls this week? seems to have sorta dried up!!!

haven't heard of anyone else mate, never know though!

anyone know what colour the may intake will be? :)

Anyone? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭New Recruit

Anyone? :p
    Yellows...

Gone very quiet in here :rolleyes: Hows everyone getting on with the shopping, fitness etc??

• Advertisement

Nickni
    TonyAc
    copped off
    Alio8
    Waawaa
    SadieOOO
    Olympian31
    Doug26

Just took surfrunner of as he defected to the July intake :p Only messing mate. Anyone else to add to our list? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭surfrunner

Nickni
    TonyAc
    copped off
    Alio8
    Waawaa
    SadieOOO
    Olympian31
    Doug26

Just took surfrunner of as he defected to the July intake :p Only messing mate. Anyone else to add to our list? :D

I'm holding out for the good weather!!!:D

Gone very quiet in here :rolleyes: Hows everyone getting on with the shopping, fitness etc??

I'm nearly sorted with shopping etc... slowly but steadily building up my fitness! I'm not such a fan of t'old running, i'm more of a biker myself :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭el_nino_9

Hey guys

Count me in for may. I got the call today! I'm in total shock. Looking to meeting all the mayers. How is everyones preparations coming along? I'm gona have to get myself sorted, I had prepared myself fir July so quite abit to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭RoscoPColtrane

el_nino_9 wrote: »
    Hey guys

Count me in for may. I got the call today! I'm in total shock. Looking to meeting all the mayers. How is everyones preparations coming along? I'm gona have to get myself sorted, I had prepared myself fir July so quite abit to do.

Jeez. Well done to you. How random was that? Big congratulations. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Track

That's brilliant El Nino! Well done mate - I thought all the calls had finished........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

el_nino_9 wrote: »
    Hey guys

Immense news!!

Well done!!!!!!!!!:D

wooooo congrats!!!!!! better take you off the list, if youre on it :P

Well done el!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭el_nino_9

Thanks guys. I'm still in shock, won't sink in for a while. Just want to say thanks to everyone who has helped me and kept me sane, lol! To everyone still waiting and going for c15 just keep your head up, worth it in the end. Just in time so I didn't have to do the ist again, lol!

• Advertisement
Advertisement