Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

May Start Date

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭nickni

el_nino_9 wrote: »
    Hey guys

Count me in for may. I got the call today! I'm in total shock. Looking to meeting all the mayers. How is everyones preparations coming along? I'm gona have to get myself sorted, I had prepared myself fir July so quite abit to do.

Happy days mate, chuffed for you! My preparations are coming on not to bad, just a few more bits and pieces to get :o Look forward to meeting you at the SID :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

Well done El it will prob take a while to sink in! Enjoy your spring in your steps, i know I am still!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Congrats El Nino!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very pleased for you, you lucky thing missing out on doing the IST again too :mad::D

MBC x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭doug-26

Congrats to El Nino! See you (and everyone else) at the SID!! :D

Anyone else getting nervous now? Lol :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭waawaa

i really wasnt...until just now, when i read your post. its very daunting, but so exciting. hows everyone doin with their preparations?

doug-26 wrote: »
    Congrats to El Nino! See you (and everyone else) at the SID!! :D

Anyone else getting nervous now? Lol :pac:

I woundn't say i'm really nervous, just wandering what the experience is going to be like?
    waawaa wrote: »
    i really wasnt...until just now, when i read your post. its very daunting, but so exciting. hows everyone doin with their preparations?

Got most of the stuff on the list, one thing i was wandering though is it says we need two passport photos for the SID, i'm just wandering should we be wearing a white shirt in them??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭James_UK

A little late but Congratulations everyone, Nick, Tony, el_nino_9 and everyone else who got it!

Best of luck - be safe!

JUK x

well, so what did the rest of you make of yesterday? anybody had a change of heart, or are you just ticking off the days now? personally the next few weeks couldnt come in quick enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Tinkerbell2003

Hi everyone I am new to this only found out it excisted after talking to one of you guys at the induction day yesterday. Sorry i dont remember who cause there where so many faces and names yeaterday.
    Waawaa in answer to your question I am now terrified about the trainning I still cant wait but I only started running 2 weeks ago when i got my phone call and the fitness terrifies me but guess if i work at it from now i have the best part of 6 months to sort it.

• Advertisement

waa what was it like? I'm excited about mine now.

it was very slightly intimidating, your left in no doubt as to what you should be expecting. there was a split second during a very scary security lecture when i doubted why i was there...but it was literally just a second. i cant wait. have you any idea yet integra what your actual start date will be?

Hi everyone I am new to this only found out it excisted after talking to one of you guys at the induction day yesterday. Sorry i dont remember who cause there where so many faces and names yeaterday.
    Waawaa in answer to your question I am now terrified about the trainning I still cant wait but I only started running 2 weeks ago when i got my phone call and the fitness terrifies me but guess if i work at it from now i have the best part of 6 months to sort it.

hi tinkerbell, i know what you mean about the fitness thing. ive bin cycling up hills for the last month or so to try & build up leg strength but gonna have to start properly running now to get used to the impact. atleast we have the opportunity to improve. :D

SID early July and Start mid-late July! Bangor Reserves kicking in!

jeez you have a brave long wile to wait, almost 3 months! i can barely contain my excitement for the next 3 weeks never mind that long.

Time is flying in these days but Waa and I am just glad to have a start date you know?

• Advertisement

aw definately, with the length of time some people have been waiting around these boards for start dates its a real releif to actually have a date. it'd be a nightmare to still be waiting for the phone to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 everhopefull

Oh how i long to be posting on this page.:(

Just reading your posts is making me all excited! and ive only just done my ist for the 1st time ever there a few days ago.

I hope all goes well for you lot and its everything you imagined your dream job would be!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

jeez you have a brave long wile to wait, almost 3 months! i can barely contain my excitement for the next 3 weeks never mind that long.
    I could contain my excitement for almost any length of time if I had one! my congratulations though to all you may starters and anyone else getting the word for July. I'll see you's there in a while :cool:

Time is going in so quick :eek: Hows everyones prep coming on?

No nick now your making me jealous!! care to swap :P

• Advertisement

mutter_man wrote: »
    No nick now your making me jealous!! care to swap :P

Let me think about it.........................mmmmmmmmm.........Nope sorry :p:D

You'll get there mate, believe me i know how much the waiting kills you! :)

nickni wrote: »
    Let me think about it.........................mmmmmmmmm.........Nope sorry :p:D

You'll get there mate, believe me i know how much the waiting kills you! :)
    Well worth a try :D. and thanks by the way, strangely one person whos been there recently saying that actually does help a bit. :cool:

Time is going in so quick :eek: Hows everyones prep coming on?

not too bad nick, onto the 3rd page of the defs. thankfully its all goin in & stayin in, itd be a nightmare if it wasnt. havent really looked at the workbook yet, just flicked through. how you gettin on yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Copped Off

not too bad nick, onto the 3rd page of the defs. thankfully its all goin in & stayin in, itd be a nightmare if it wasnt. havent really looked at the workbook yet, just flicked through. how you gettin on yourself?

Hia all, long time no chat!! Just starting to freak out a bit so hope one of you's can reassure me...........
    On that cd rom we got - the defs - it only tells you the article no. (ie 2) and then the title of the def ( ie the right to life, Human Rights 1998). It dosent go into any further detail on this so i checked it out on google and theres loads more detail to that particular definition and others! I was reading a past tread on the defs and another user stated that we would get a booklet on the SRN night explaing the defs to us but i never got this, nor do i remember anyone else. I was told that everything we need to know was on the cd rom!! Please tell me that EVERYONES is like this and that my cd rom hasnt anything missing or that i didnt get the booklet explaining the defs in full......!

Copped Off wrote: »
    Hia all, long time no chat!! Just starting to freak out a bit so hope one of you's can reassure me...........
    On that cd rom we got - the defs - it only tells you the article no. (ie 2) and then the title of the def ( ie the right to life, Human Rights 1998). It dosent go into any further detail on this so i checked it out on google and theres loads more detail to that particular definition and others! I was reading a past tread on the defs and another user stated that we would get a booklet on the SRN night explaing the defs to us but i never got this, nor do i remember anyone else. I was told that everything we need to know was on the cd rom!! Please tell me that EVERYONES is like this and that my cd rom hasnt anything missing or that i didnt get the booklet explaining the defs in full......!

Hi, just to let you know mine is the same, so if yours is wrong so is mine lol

My CD is also the same.
    Are you guys finding it ok to learn? i find some bits have gone in really easy and other just wont.
    Really getting nervous now so thats not helping the study:eek:

My CD is also the same.
    Are you guys finding it ok to learn? i find some bits have gone in really easy and other just wont.
    Really getting nervous now so thats not helping the study:eek:

Think i've got most of the defs in, just need to keep going over them to keep them there! How everyone finding the workbook?

I found the work book ok there was nothing that wasn't in the text they gave us. I found the hardest stuff the self evauation, I am fully aware i have loads of room for development but did want to make it seem like a was a complete idiot with no personal skills or intellagance lol, but its done now just struggling with the defs. Still have a few days to get them to sink in before the real work starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 logi

how is everyone fairing??

ive the work book done and learnt the first set of defs. has everyone learnt the first set or have they decided to go on....???

just starting to get my stuff into a suit case excited but nervous as helll!!!:eek:

logi wrote: »
    how is everyone fairing??

ive the work book done and learnt the first set of defs. has everyone learnt the first set or have they decided to go on....???

just starting to get my stuff into a suit case excited but nervous as helll!!!:eek:

Same here mate, workbook done and defs learnt, just a matter of going over them again and again. Same as you just packing atm! Excited but pretty nervous too! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

all the best for everyone starting in may, youl be showing us july ones round:D

Same here mate, workbook done and defs learnt, just a matter of going over them again and again. Same as you just packing atm! Excited but pretty nervous too! :D

I am also in the same position as you guys the work book is done first lot of defs learned and now all packed. I have 2 bags of stuff is that to much? The excitment is getting pushed out more and more by just being nervous. I will see you guys soon :D

given1 wrote: »
    all the best for everyone starting in may, youl be showing us july ones round:D

I know and we are going to be as nervous as they are now! :eek::D

I am also in the same position as you guys the work book is done first lot of defs learned and now all packed. I have 2 bags of stuff is that to much? The excitment is getting pushed out more and more by just being nervous. I will see you guys soon :D

I don't think 2 bags is too much, i'm bringing the same + bedclothes, duvet etc, the car is half full already! Can't wait!!! :D:D:D

doug-26 wrote: »
    I don't think 2 bags is too much, i'm bringing the same + bedclothes, duvet etc, the car is half full already! Can't wait!!! :D:D:D

stop it making me jealous! ;)

integra1 wrote: »
    stop it making me jealous! ;)

Haha, sorry teg, it'll be your time soon enough! ;):pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭RoscoPColtrane

Hey you lot. Im just loving this thread in here at the mo. Getting a load of the chitter chatter and all the excitement. Aw. Really great time for ye's all. Have a really good time when yous start soon and enjoy every second. Smile loads and drink it all in..And dont forget us wee mere mortals. Come back and tell us all about it...Hopefully the waiting and wanting will be over for us soon too and we'll be joining yous. But all the best. Yous deserve it..Group hug!!

im filling one big suitcase just for ease to carry. How much of your own normal clothes you brining just enough for a week, and how much extra shirts etc ? you's bringing any of your own pe gear?

i know im gonna forget something

i know im gonna forget something
    I thought i was packed and just saw my trainners sitting by the door aghh would have been a distaster without those.

• Advertisement

trainers your a life saver!!!

Well i hope i have it all sorted by now cause i am off to bed so if i have forgot anything i will have to cope without it. goodnite i will see you all soon.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Sadie OOO!!!

Well thats another week over and i have to say bar an embarrasing few moments i loved it. The drill staff are legends hi so funny. Looking forward till going back this week. Anyone else enjoy their time so far?

By the way hope all the lads have got a short back and sides. Lol. Number 2's all over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ShowParadeQueen

I heard a wee rumour from the Greens that the new squad were dropping like flies, literally! Remember to eat breakfast!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

I heard a wee rumour from the Greens that the new squad were dropping like flies, literally! Remember to eat breakfast!!! :D

LOL :p

• Advertisement

LOL :p
    It was very funny . The drill staff are king of the one liners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Oursole

Im bringing the hospital beds and blood transfusion kits for next week hahaha

i must have been adolf hilter in a past life.........:D

i must have been adolf hilter in a past life.........:D

Adolf Hitler, Ghengis Khan and Mussolini!!!! What a man!!!
    Logi, PM me who you are, I thought I identified all us!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I heard you lot were the worst squad ever on that drill square!

• Advertisement
Advertisement