Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline March 25th 2009 - Deirde De Burca

• 25-03-2009 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone listening to this. I dont think I have heard Joe as rude as this before. She (legitimately) questioned his objectivity, as he kept interrupting her, to which he pretty much told her to contact RTE.

And before anyone says it, I know she is not directly answering the question, but should there not be a minimum level of manners that the chairperson should maintain?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

There's posts in the politics forum. She was indeed avoiding direct questions but I do agree that he seemed to be quite rude but I often find that he's not very objective at times and seems to take things personally. Maybe he was prevented building a nice holiday home for himself ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Have been listening to him for the last few days(including the Tipp town goings on), to be honest I dont think that there is a ruder radio presenter out there!!!

Brgds
    Johnny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

In fairness to Jooooooe he has to cut through the waffle of the vested interests who ring in.

You see, most of these punters ,who are not ordinary folk like ourselves,eg Deirdre de Burca have AGENDAS

Given a soft touch approach, these people would use the national airwaves to promulgate their views and believe me, they can talk for Ireland.

Jooooooe has to make sure that once they depart from the subject matter they are pulled up and pulled up rapid.

That's why he has, I say again,has, to rein them in fairly robustly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

.. but should there not be a minimum level of manners that the chairperson should maintain?

I think Vincent Browne sets the bar for that one ;) !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭daisyplant

Personally I think Joe and Vincent are the best thing in "current affairs" on Radio and TV. But I do like some entertainment and controversy. Pat Kenny did a pretty good job this morning too. I just wish Newstalk would get their balls back........:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Did they ever have them:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭UrbanFox

I think that JD's approach was reasonable as I felt that the "candidate" in question was evasive and he just kept bringing her back to the point !

Also, bear in mind that RTE have obligations about impartiality where politics are concerned and they have to be seen to be impartial otherwise all the rest will complain !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Jwoah is about as objective as Gerry Ryan is on the subject of pay cuts.

The man is an ignoramus. I have heard him many times cut people off in order to impart his own leading contribution to proceedings. On the other hand, if you find favour with "red" Duffy, then the floor is yours. Anyone remember Twink that time, as one example?

I'd happily see public service broadcasting in this country go the way of the ark. It leeches far more than it provides.

Advertisement