Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which mobile provider for gps tracking?

Options
  • 25-03-2009 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

not sure if this is the correct forum...

I'm working on a project that requires gps tracking and two-way gprs traffic. It transfers less than 100MB a month. Do any of you know which mobile phone network provider offers the dirt cheapest package for the sims that I will need? Is there any data-only package (no voice needed)?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

The cheapest option would be to get a few 3pay sims. There's an add on of 1gb for €10 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    The cheapest option would be to get a few 3pay sims. There's an add on of 1gb for €10 a month

This is correct but it's probably not that likely that the tracker can read USIMS in reality. I could be wrong but I wouldn't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Adro947 wrote: »
    This is correct but it's probably not that likely that the tracker can read USIMS in reality. I could be wrong but I wouldn't think so.

Well then your options are 99c per day (€29.70 a month) on Meteor, O2 or Vodafone Live or using it through vodafone ISP which is 19c per MB (about €19 a month)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭crocro

Thanks a lot for the replies. Very helpful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Try contacting the O2 / Vodafone business departments too. They will have packages that you'll be able to purchase :)

(I'm not sure re Meteor to be honest .. but probably worth calling them too).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

crocro wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for the replies. Very helpful!

what provider did you go with in the end ?

ps: who is providing the tracking service for you and do you have to pay extra for this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

hmm meteor are cutting costs down to 49 cents per day = 50mb...so might be better going with them

dont know when though

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

did a survey on mindzey for meteor...think it said that their cutting down to 49 per day...also bringing out a social feed app with voip and video over 3G as well as file sharing...

though no 100% confirmation though...the app also was on a nokia phone and was quite poor interface...

tbh its an imporovement but i still would like if all carriers just brought out add ones for the whole month...this daily use **** is annoying...

would love if they brought out 1Gb for a tenner on PAYG for a whole month on meteor...and an option with going further...currently consider just going on 3 cause of being able to have internet add ons + free texts and some weekend calls :)

Advertisement