Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are nicotine patches any cheaper up north?

Options
  • 25-03-2009 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

Have any of you quitters :p priced nicotine patches in the north?
    How do prices compare? Are they as cheaper(?) as most other things or are they free on the health service to UK citizens?

I'm off the cigs two weeks today and using the Niquitin CQ level 1 patches. Just bought another 2 week box in the local chemist this morning and at €45.85 I'm thinking I won't be buying them again, possibly harming my chances of success. If they were significantly cheaper north of the border though, I might stock up on level 2 and 3s when I'm up on the next nappy and formula run.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

I was using the Asda own brand nico lozengers 4mg,box of 72.They were about €8 a pack.The price in the chemist down here was about €26.

I didnt price the patches

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Just checked on line Nicotinell stage 1 7 day pack £11.80 in Asda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

a trick the doctor told me to do .

I alway bought the strongest biggest patches. And cut them in half.

the same dose is coated on all the patches. they just sell them in different physical sizes.

If you are a moderate smoker then a pack of large patches should go a whole lot futher by cutting them.

if you feel you are getting to much or to little you can amend the size yourself. it does not take long to figure out what dose is exactly right for you

It did not save me as I did not use them for long. They made my whole arm ache right to the bone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

friend of mine in work has 12 packs of 14 nicorette boxes unopened (15mg)think there 46 euro a pack each he wanted 100 euro for the lot if anyone is interested pm me

we work in ballymount btw

Advertisement