Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Network down??

• 25-03-2009 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having problems with Meteor right now? Phone says No Access to Network, and has been struggling with message etc today

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

no signal here... Deansgrange in Dublin.

No recording on the customer care line either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Mine has only gone down in the last half hour, get the odd message through, coming up "no access to network" Dublin 12 here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Went here in Dublin but my other Meteor SIM was working. Swapped the SIMs / phones around and back again and now it's working once again.

Just on to them there.
    They are having some network difficulty, technicians are looking in to it. They expect it to be back up in the next 15 - 20 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Its on here in Dublin 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

The-Game wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems with Meteor right now? Phone says No Access to Network, and has been struggling with message etc today

Posting this right now from a Meteor phone, having no problems whatsoever!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

down in d8 and d22!!! grrr yet my friends had full coverage!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

It's Meteor... Meteorically bad. Possibly the wost network ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

iMax wrote: »
    It's Meteor... Meteorically bad. Possibly the wost network ever

It could be worse... you could be on 3. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Rsaeire wrote: »

Exactly.

All seems ok again now though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Mine is still down =[

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Kinda got similar problems in Cork. Have to send a message two or three times for it to deliver.

Mines been back up now for the past hour or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Rsaeire wrote: »

Why? Last time 3 had a major outage for their handsets was January 2007. Wonder who has the better network?? 3 who never have network outages or Meteor who have them every couple of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Do a location update (power on, power off) if you are still having issues. Everything should be resolved now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Walkman wrote: »
    Why? Last time 3 had a major outage for their handsets was January 2007. Wonder who has the better network?? 3 who never have network outages or Meteor who have them every couple of weeks.

Every couple of weeks.......? I know of two instances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Walkman wrote: »

That's simply not true, and calling Meteor the Worst network in the World definitely wouldn't be right to me. For example, a few weeks ago Vodafone brought down pretty much their whole network by someone digging up a few fibers. I have never actually personally experienced a Meteor outage. And this doesn't look to be a "major outage" to me really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I agree. Walkman, you seem to be in the minority here.

Vodafone are a classic example of a network that has serious issues. The Vodafone network has been patched together since they bought the network from Eircell. They bolted on GPRS and 3G and then "upgraded" to HSDPA with disastrous results. Starting around the middle of 2006, the Vodafone network had major outages consistently over the course few a few months. 3G access nationwide went down, voice calls nationwide went down, all data services went down, approximately 40 cells went down in Dublin, to name a few instances.

I am by no means stating that the Meteor network doesn't have issues every now and again, but let's be serious here, it's every now and again, not every now and again, and again... and again, like some of the other mobile networks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Is anyone else still having problems with their coverage?? I cant get signal at all atm....Im in Dublin 15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement