Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a good computer?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Seems pretty reasonable value given its a quad (well, probably the only decent component in there is the CPU). Pretty basic and not really fit for gaming but as for coding, well if you're a hardcore coder that thing will fly through multithreaded stuff. Only point I will raise is that the case will be cheap as chips and the mobo will have either fair or mediocre sound capability depending on its age so you may need extra sound hardware and it could be a bit noisy, depending on how serious the sound recording bit is (if in any way important you'll want a machine capable of being virtually silent)

Edit: Yeah, its only got an old RealTek AC662 5.1 sound chip. So the hard drive, sound and graphics are all a bit meh (well, the graphics are great for everything except gaming) but what can you expect for that price? An equivalent machine will cost €370 in parts alone using the cheapest site I know of. Just bear in mind that you may have to spend some money not only on peripherals but also on quiet fans and a sound card if you need good sound recording capability.

Edit again: the old eGay catch; high delivery charges. Including delivery to the UK that rig will knock you back around £360/€400. Still not terribly expensive given its pre-assembled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭dsrckiyisvddht

Thanks for the reply. Ya i have all the peripherals so wouldn't need to go buying them and I wouldn't be using it for games. Thanks again for the info

Advertisement