Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rosslare-cherbourg

• 25-03-2009 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

we are thinking of heading off for a week or so at easter,to cut costs is it ok to sleep in the seats rather than booking a cabin,are they comfy?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

we are thinking of heading off for a week or so at easter,to cut costs is it ok to sleep in the seats rather than booking a cabin,are they comfy?

How much is a cabin? What will you save? Do you have kids with you?

As an experiment why dont you sleep in an armchair at home tonight and see how you feel in the morning. Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

God love you kol, you dont get out much do you?
    they are not the same as armchairs at home!!
    If you havent been and experienced the journey no need to reply.
    thanks

God love you kol, you dont get out much do you?
    they are not the same as armchairs at home!!
    If you havent been and experienced the journey no need to reply.
    thanks

I have been out from time to time!!:)

Have you seen them? You are correct they are not like armchairs. They look like airline economy seats. An armchair might be better?? It's a long journey from Rosslare to Cherbourg(19 hours).

well obviously more than me as I wouldnt have asked if Id have known.
    Im going in a canoe to the Aran Islands,without paddles as I enjoy heartship.thanks

well obviously more than me as I wouldnt have asked if Id have known.
    Im going in a canoe to the Aran Islands,without paddles as I enjoy heartship.thanks

No problem. Enjoy the seats then.

• Advertisement

ahem,*cabins*;)
    booked!

ahem,*cabins*;)
    booked!

My job is done here!!:)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭boyoh

Hello Siobhan,
    just read your exchange with "KOL",a bit sharp i thought. Seats are fine if you are on the front end of 30,I'm not, so i like a cabin. As you seem to have booked already, i won't bother telling you that cabins are free with Celtic Link,as is the food. I find if i ask a question,i get the best results by waiting and listening to the replys, but what do i know!:confused::D

boyoh wrote: »
    Hello Siobhan,
    just read your exchange with "KOL",a bit sharp i thought. Seats are fine if you are on the front end of 30,I'm not, so i like a cabin. As you seem to have booked already, i won't bother telling you that cabins are free with Celtic Link,as is the food. I find if i ask a question,i get the best results by waiting and listening to the replys, but what do i know!:confused::D

Sharp?? That was very amicable altogether!!:) Hence the smilies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭acontadino

here would they ever try make that journey faster, surely they could cut it down to about 10 hours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

Yea should have all the traffic lights on green:mad:

Do younthink they take 19hrs for the crack or the scenery,if they could they would surely:mad:

acontadino wrote: »
    here would they ever try make that journey faster, surely they could cut it down to about 10 hours.

They could only do that by basically having a ship that can go twice as fast, but there is no ship of a suitable size that can go that speed. They could use something like the Dublin Swift (Irish Ferries) but it is not suitable for the rough seas that can easily be encountered on that trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭boyoh

"KOL" I always thought that cutting remarks were sharp:) But i don't know much anyway, but banter is almost always cutting, but never with malicious intent, or do you put a different slant on things;):D:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

Hi, have you travelled this route before, the ferry companies demand that you book a cabin on these routes. Take it from me you will need one on an 18 hour crossing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Our Oscar Wilde sailing to France last July became a 26hr sailing due to engine problems. I was very glad we had a cabin on that occasion :D

Thanks for all the replys,
    €500 for the four of us plus cabins,
    I wouldnt worry about the length of time of crossing as its our first trip abroad with with the camper and it will be a learning experience,and I do think the Children will love the ship,fingers crossed we will have no problems crossing!

arriving in Cherborg at 6.30pm
    any ideas of nice sites to stay?we heading towards la rochelle the next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

http://www.lecormoran.com/eng/ is less than an hour from Cherburg. Stayed there for a few nights at the end of our holidays last year.

Advertisement