Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contacting Blizzard......

• 25-03-2009 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I'm trying to re-activate my account, but I forget my username an password. I filled out the report form, and have recieved no reply for days except the auto-verification e-mail.

I'm thinking of phoneing them, to just get it sorted, but don't know what number to call. Can I call a u.k. number? And if I do, would it still be free, even from an Irish mobile?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

the email service takes forever, you will be best off phoning them but it will not be free, i cant remember the exact charges, but it'll cost a tonne on a mobile, use a landline if possible and be prepared to stay on teh phone for ages trying to explain the situation to them

here's the number anyway
    From the United Kingdom: 0800 931 0800
    dunno what if any prefix you'd need to use from here on a moby, or if it would even work with some networks

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Labreya

Thanks. I was expecting as much. A bit foolish to expect sensible customer service from the crap tornado that is Blizzard entertainment.

I'm starting to think I won't bother playing again now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭hk797

Labreya wrote: »
    I'm trying to re-activate my account, but I forget my username an password. I filled out the report form, and have recieved no reply for days except the auto-verification e-mail.

Have the same problem and finally got the below response by email today.

Greetings,

Thank you for your email. We can provide you with your account name and a new password if you provide the following information:
    - Your full real name
    - Your full address including postal or zip code
    - Your full email address (currently registered on the account)

Additionally we will require two of the following:
    - The standard World of Warcraft authentication key. Please note that we cannot accept Burning Crusade or Wrath of the Lich King authentication keys for account verification
    - Your secret question and answer
    - Your payment information (either the last four digits of your Credit Card/Bank Account Number, or a full Prepaid Gamecard code)

Please note that the password is automatically sent to the email address registered on the account. If you no longer use this email then please provide two of the additional details requested above plus the new email address that you would like to have registered on your account. We can update your contact information and the password will be sent to this new address.

In addition, please ensure that any filters currently in place on your email account are set to receive email from "noreplyeu@blizzard.com". If you are unsure how to do this, please contact your email provider.

Best regards,

Blizzard Entertainment Europe
    Konrad K.
    English Billing Support
    http://eu.blizzard.com/support
    Phone Numbers:
    http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=23210
    Please retain all history if you reply to this mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

From the United Kingdom: 0800 931 0800
    dunno what if any prefix you'd need to use from here on a moby, or if it would even work with some networks

It'd be +44800 931 0800 (+ is just 2 0's), thats a 'freephone' number from UK, not sure from the south but if you're using a mobile, it'll still cost you, even if you're dialing a freephone UK number from a UK mobile, it's only free from a landline.

GL getting it re-activated, I' suggest doing what hk797 said if you can, as even if you get through to someone at blizz, they will most likely tell you to do the same thing via email...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Fenix wrote: »
    It'd be +44800 931 0800 (+ is just 2 0's), thats a 'freephone' number from UK, not sure from the south but if you're using a mobile, it'll still cost you, even if you're dialing a freephone UK number from a UK mobile, it's only free from a landline.

GL getting it re-activated, I' suggest doing what hk797 said if you can, as even if you get through to someone at blizz, they will most likely tell you to do the same thing via email...

O2, t-mobile and orange are all free to ring 0800 numbers iirc (mainland uk) Even from a irish landline it will still cost you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Labreya wrote: »
    Thanks. I was expecting as much. A bit foolish to expect sensible customer service from the crap tornado that is Blizzard entertainment.

I'm starting to think I won't bother playing again now.

All I can recommend is not going back, if you do though use a username and password you might remember, I know it seems crazy and all, but alot of people say it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Buy it fresh and go triple exp :p recruit a friend thingy!

Advertisement