Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Charter Updated 25/03/09

• 25-03-2009 5:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

Please give it a read.

I realise it is heavy handed but recent events on more than just this forum have made formalisation a necessity. Please have the courtesy to the other users to leave this forum for the discussion of photography.

thanks

LoLth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

No need.
    Forum has ran smooth the last while/
    This just aggravates people/.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

No need.
    Forum has ran smooth the last while/
    This just aggravates people/.

Gotta' agree with you AR

Forum has been running smoothly reecently the active mods* have been doing a good job and keeping us on good terms

*By active mods i mean the ones that are always involved in the forum Calina,Ancatdubh And Cabinsail

I know the others do work but we don't notice it as much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

[sarcasm]
    What're you on about AR/Ricky. Everyone loves communist-esque ruling on forums.
    [/sarcasm]

Seriously though, what's the harm with a bit of banter? Nobody wants a bloody strict forum around here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

One of the basic rules across the board is not to question the Forum in the Forum. Take it to Feedback, Helpdesk or PM the relevant Mod, CMod.

That has been ignored quite a bit in here lately when it suited people so it's hardly surprising it would come to such a charter update.

I honestly think it's the final issue here though, people just need to realise there are correct ways to give Feedback and do that.

I think the Forum is fantastic in every other way at the moment.

I can see plenty of people getting offended though and turning this into another issue.

Rabble Rabble Rabble!!!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

LoLth is Category Moderator for the Arts category which photography falls under. If you have issues with this, please send LoLth a PM.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

meh! Dont really see the big deal, its just reinstating what we already know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Have to agree with LoLth, heavy-handed indeed.

The politics of this forum should be kept to Helpdesk and Feedback.

I've stopped posting here a bit as its got quite bitchy of late and thus is no longer as fun to post here. People are backseat modding and arguing over small, crappy things.

Hopefully now, discussion of photography and not the photography forum will now be the primary topic here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

It hasn't been bitchy around here of late.

Think I'll bow out of here for a few months and see if this "tight rein" thing dissolves a bit. Not very enjoyable around here anymore.

T.

The politics of this forum should be kept to Helpdesk and Feedback.

I've stopped posting here a bit as its got quite bitchy of late and thus is no longer as fun to post here. People are backseat modding and arguing over small, crappy things.

Hopefully now, discussion of photography and not the photography forum will now be the primary topic here.

You're missing the whole point, it's been grand here the last few months, so why bring it up?
    And then you get the diff forum mods like you coming in and siding with the mods just to make em look right...which causes more divisions/
    This is not AH or any of them type forums, this is photography which should be modded in a diff way.

Let us be!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

The matter is not for discussion here. If you have an issue with this update you should PM LoLth as I have already requested you to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

In before lock LOL

Calina wrote: »
    The matter is not for discussion here. If you have an issue with this update you should PM LoLth as I have already requested you to do so.

He publicly posted here 1st!!
    He stirred the pot!!

/edit
    Just pm'd him as you requested.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

mods are here to make ALL the moderating decisions... the photo mods are really giving way more freedom to us than we realise...

I dont really rock the boat overly so i havent really bothered witht his charter update malarky... sure its all gravy... this its politics for for god sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

This is

"A crock of crap"

(thanks to AnCatDubh for putting this phrase back in my repatoire I have used it quite a bit in the last few days)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

It would be a strange online community indeed if there were no disagreements, but adversarial discourse must adhere to some kind of protocols or the health of the facility can be undermined and positive contributors driven out by professional whingers (born crying, live complaining, and die disappointed). Based on a specific past experience I'm personally glad to see the definition of 'on-topic' thus clarified.

I always keep in mind the fact that I avail of this facility gratis, and mods are afaik unpaid volunteers, they don't claim omnipotence or divine authority and are just doing their best to keep boards.ie an enjoyable place, I'm grateful and think they deserve no small amount of praise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

nothing has changed. No-one is being penalised in any way whatsoever. All that has happened is that an informal rule that has generally been adhered to has been formalised. Why now ? Because after consideration it was decided , and not just by myself, that it was needed.

People who post in the photography section about photography and use the correct and provided channels for moderation discussion will notice absolutely no change in the way they post or interact with the forum except for the fact that the new post they see in a thread should actually be a new post about the topic being discussed and not a post about a moderation decision.

People who derail threads with their opinions on mod decisions etc will find their questions unanswered and their posts removed and ultimately will find themselves unable to take part in forum discussions at all. This can be avoided by learning to use the correct channels of communication.

If there are any further issues with the charter update then pelase feel free to PM me for clarification.

Locking thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement