Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the scumbag funeral

Options
  • 25-03-2009 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

why was the main street of limerick made to come to a standstill with them walking up o connell street yesterday,fair enough marching past a house or a short walk to the grave.but why was it allowed up the main street and is there any truth that they fired shots at the burial in view of gardai.oh my god these lowlifes make me so angry:mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Shots were fired at the funeral, in plain view of the Gardai, and that got a mention on the radio this morning. A Garda spokesperson declined to comment on why shots were allowed at a non military/State funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

Were they really firing shots???thats lunacy there should be no guns at funerals like the gards should of been on them like a hot snot

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Kess73 wrote: »
    Shots were fired at the funeral, in plain view of the Gardai, and that got a mention on the radio this morning. A Garda spokesperson declined to comment on why shots were allowed at a non military/State funeral.

Because the Guards are terrified of them?

I heard he was buried in a bulletproof vest, in case his ghost shot itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

I heard about this on 96fm this morning, the guy that was being buried was wearing a bullet proof vest ffs, and camouflage clothing. The mind boggles at times :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

krudler wrote: »
    Because the Guards are terrified of them?

I heard he was buried in a bulletproof vest, in case his ghost shot itself?

haha!!! can you get it on utube?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I heard about this on 96fm this morning, the guy that was being buried was wearing a bullet proof vest ffs, and camouflage clothing.
    Kess73 wrote: »
    Shots were fired at the funeral, in plain view of the Gardai, and that got a mention on the radio this morning.

I don't know a lot about Limerick gangs but is there a paramilitary link here somewhere? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

I heard he fired the first shot in the whole Limerick Keane/Ryan war??

Quite a weird way to go, especially after "accidentally" shooting yourself in the head...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Wouldn't you love being a guard & having to face into that circus yesterday.
    And what's the story with the bullet proof vest? Has Casper the friendly ghost gotten into contract hits & become not so friendly anymore?
    The urge to give those idiots the mother of all kick in the goolies is overwhealming.

easyeason3 wrote: »
    The urge to give those idiots the mother of all kick in the goolies is overwhealming.

This <All

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

why was his funeral allowed march up o connell street?total disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭okioffice84

I laughed out loud when I heard about this ignorant clown. Serves him right. Cnut.

This <All

Did I miss something?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Wacko

why was his funeral allowed march up o connell street?total disgrace

So everyone could laugh at him, we need a bit of cheer is these tough times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Charles Haughey got shots provided for him by the state at his funeral, he's also a criminal in my eyes.

Did I miss something?

Nope, just agreeing.

"At least 12 shots were fired from the back of the Island Field in tribute to the known gang member as his cortage travelled through the area on the way to the church."

Just read this on NewsWire and trying to figure out how they got away with it. A gun licence would be no use surely ?

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    Charles Haughey got shots provided for him by the state at his funeral, he's also a criminal in my eyes.

Not quite the same thing really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Not quite the same thing really...

Perhaps in some contexts, one did it with a pen the other with a gun.

Nope, just agreeing.

"At least 12 shots were fired from the back of the Island Field in tribute to the known gang member as his cortage travelled through the area on the way to the church."

Just read this on NewsWire and trying to figure out how they got away with it. A gun licence would be no use surely ?

Oh right, I was hell bent & putting in my two cents & didn't realise.

Ha ha ha a gun licence...Priceless...:pac::pac::pac:

The gas thing is that if I caught one of those scumbags tresspassing in my home & fired a shot I'd get my licence taken off me, along with the gun & a possible jail sentence.

Perhaps in some contexts, one did it with a pen the other with a gun.

Ok we won't get into politics or the legalities of it here but I would personally prefer to line a politcians pocket, to my knowledge or not, before I'd have a family member or friend terrorised & possible killed.

There is no comparison in my eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

why was the main street of limerick made to come to a standstill with them walking up o connell street yesterday,fair enough marching past a house or a short walk to the grave.but why was it allowed up the main street and is there any truth that they fired shots at the burial in view of gardai.oh my god these lowlifes make me so angry:mad::mad:

Did they really walk up O'Connell street? There's no graveyards that I know of in that direction.
    lala stone wrote: »
    I heard he fired the first shot in the whole Limerick Keane/Ryan war??

Not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭BravoMike

It was the most elaborate funeral I have ever seen.
    The hearse was used for transporting the flowers only, followed by a man in a top hat accompanied by a youth on a horse!!
    Followed by by a Toyota Dyna with flowers and wreaths all over it.
    Then came the horse drawn carriage with the steel casket being pulled by 4 jet black horses.
    This was followed by members of the community and family both walking and driving!!!!

Azphyxi8 wrote: »
    Did they really walk up O'Connell street? There's no graveyards that I know of in that direction.

The burial only took place this morning so im guessing it was rosary/removal.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭BravoMike

Azphyxi8 wrote: »

They walked up O'Connel street, down Shannon street, turned left out the dock road to Mungret where he was buried.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

There were no bullets fired at Charles Haughey's Funeral, they were Blanks. Major Difference.

I really laughed when I heard how he topped himself!! My Uncle knew him too thinks it's a sad loss!!!!Lol, a sad loss my bollix!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

BravoMike wrote: »
    They walked up O'Connel street, down Shannon street, turned left out the dock road to Mungret where he was buried.

That makes sense. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

From the limerick leader

"Doves and pigeons were released into the air during the burial of Philip Collopy"

anyone ever heard of a pigeon released at a funeral, odd one aren't they known as the winged rat.

"the Very Reverend Donough O'Malley spoke of how life is often full of contrasts, between "joy and sadness, grace and sin.""

Parish Priest in Weston for years he doesn't wear their ****. Excellent line from him

"The funeral procession made its way up O'Connell Street this Wednesday lunchtime, bringing traffic in the city to a standstill"

shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Those gangs really have the city by its balls

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Magnus wrote: »

dude i'm from limerick and lived in one of the estates involved in the feud for 20 years and i can genuinely honestly answer Yes!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Magnus wrote: »

I disagree.

Having grown up in Limerick and having lived in Southill I can tell you that they do not have this city by its "balls".

They have their scum hole areas so destroyed and their children so ill behaved that people just leave them be. The council wants nothing to do with them, the Gardai want nothing to do with them, I want nothing to do with them.

They do not affect my life, never have and never will. If they decide to hold traffic up for a funeral then boo hoo to the travelling public. If any other person dies then the also get brought to the graveyard with their family in tow.

I do not fear walking the streets of Limerick, do not fear leaving my house for fear I may be caught up in a gun fight, carjacked, jumped, beaten or anything else which would be against the normal flow of society.

The family of the man who shot himself are obviously attempting to show him in a certain light by the camoflauge clothing, bullet proof vest and tri colour. The pigeons are simply tacky, they may as well let goats or horses loose. They(as far as I am concerned) want him remembered as a paramilitary member.

I doubt any member of the family care what you or I think or what any member of civilised society thinks of them. They are a law unto themselves.

Do I feel sorry for him? No
    Do I feel sorry for his family? No
    Why? There is no smoke without fire.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement