Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the scumbag funeral

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

So the two people (Keane and Collopy) who alledgedly rushed into the Moose Bar all those years ago to shoot Ryan are now underground themselves with bullet holes.

Those who live by the sword...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

Berty wrote: »
    I disagree.

Having grown up in Limerick and having lived in Southill I can tell you that they do not have this city by its "balls".

They have their scum hole areas so destroyed and their children so ill behaved that people just leave them be. The council wants nothing to do with them, the Gardai want nothing to do with them, I want nothing to do with them.

They do not affect my life, never have and never will. If they decide to hold traffic up for a funeral then boo hoo to the travelling public. If any other person dies then the also get brought to the graveyard with their family in tow.

I do not fear walking the streets of Limerick, do not fear leaving my house for fear I may be caught up in a gun fight, carjacked, jumped, beaten or anything else which would be against the normal flow of society.

The family of the man who shot himself are obviously attempting to show him in a certain light by the camoflauge clothing, bullet proof vest and tri colour. The pigeons are simply tacky, they may as well let goats or horses loose. They(as far as I am concerned) want him remembered as a paramilitary member.

I doubt any member of the family care what you or I think or what any member of civilised society thinks of them. They are a law unto themselves.

Do I feel sorry for him? No
    Do I feel sorry for his family? No
    Why? There is no smoke without fire.

+1.

I'm also from one of these areas and I have never been affected by any of the gangland culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Everyone should have chipped in a few quid and hired an ex ira man to plant a load of explosives down the dock road and waited till they were on it and boom. Take out a load of the dirty cnuts. I'd have even gotten a loan out for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Keyboard warriors assemble!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    Everyone should have chipped in a few quid and hired an ex ira man to plant a load of explosives down the dock road and waited till they were on it and boom. Take out a load of the dirty cnuts. I'd have even gotten a loan out for that.

ha you'd have got a loan out. Have you tried recently

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

YUP
    makes u wonder

about getting a loan that is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭limericklady87

reading about this charade makes me literally feel like vomiting... I know theres no point saying that they should be ashamed of themselves as imo these people are the complete and utter scum of the earth... i literally wouldnt p£$S on them if they were burning beside me... animals:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

It's funny to think the COMPLETELY different mind-set these people have.

They like to portray themselves as fighting some sort of legitimate "war". Hence the alleged bulletproof vest and camo gear.

What annoys me is when people like Willie O' Dea try and negotiate with them and try to bring peace and a ceasefire. This further lends to these people's beliefs that they are indeed fighting some sort of "war".

They are nothing but criminals and vermin. Our state should lean on them hard until they're either dead or in prison.

I often think what would the generations that went before us think of these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Iang87 wrote: »
    From the limerick leader

"Doves and pigeons were released into the air during the burial of Philip Collopy"

anyone ever heard of a pigeon released at a funeral, odd one aren't they known as the winged rat.

I'd imagine they were racing pigeons. It's a fairly popular pass time amongst inner city people.

A disgrace that there are now headlines in the papers this morning such as:
    Criminal's funeral cortege brings city to standstill

In allowing them to march through the city center yesterday it makes it look to the rest of the country as if this scumbag was an important person to the people of Limerick city.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

Releasing doves/pigeons and firing shots in the air!
    Wonder if it was raining birds!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

fonda wrote: »
    Releasing doves/pigeons and firing shots in the air!
    Wonder if it was raining birds!

Unlikely: they were probably too nervous to demonstrate to each other how to shoot birds :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    In allowing them to march through the city center yesterday it makes it look to the rest of the country as if this scumbag was an important person to the people of Limerick city.

I disagree. Any funeral that is heading to a graveyard in Mungret should have the right to walk through town. There is no better way to get there from St. Mary's church.

I'm not denying that he was a scumbag, but he should still have the right to a descent funeral procession.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

The army should be made go into these kips and round up the scumbags SUSPECTED of being part of these fueds and lock them up in the Curragh Camp until they rot. Fcuking mutants.

The army should be made go into these kips and round up the scumbags SUSPECTED of being part of these fueds and lock them up in the Curragh Camp until they rot. Fcuking mutants.

Ya internment is really the way to go. It's proven so successful in the past. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

has anyone got a link to some new articles on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Spot on, I would throw them on an Island and let they starve. They are enemys of the state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭limericklady87

Azphyxi8 wrote: »
    I disagree. Any funeral that is heading to a graveyard in Mungret should have the right to walk through town. There is no better way to get there from St. Mary's church.

I'm not denying that he was a scumbag, but he should still have the right to a descent funeral procession.
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah course he should..:rolleyes: just like all the deasent processions that he has been responsible for *allegedly* :mad:

You live by the sword, you die by the sword imo and thats what you deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

I'd like a white flatbed Toyota truck at the front of my funeral when I go too. I thought it was a classy touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

Plenty islands of the coast that are deserted, if they can swim back, fair fcuks:rolleyes:

Our tax money paying dol to keep these parasites in luxary

Makes my blood boil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Ya internment is really the way to go. It's proven so successful in the past. :rolleyes:

Writing recently in the Irish Independent in the wake of the murders of the British soldiers in Antrim, Kevin Myers claimed that internment did in fact work against the IRA campaigns of the 1920s, 30s, 40s and 50s.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/kevin-myers/intern-these-terrorists-until-they-submit-to-the-rule-of-the-state-1666677.html

• Advertisement

gaf1983 wrote: »
    Writing recently in the Irish Independent in the wake of the murders of the British soldiers in Antrim, Kevin Myers claimed that internment did in fact work against the IRA campaigns of the 1920s, 30s, 40s and 50s.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/kevin-myers/intern-these-terrorists-until-they-submit-to-the-rule-of-the-state-1666677.html

And what else exactly would you expect from Kevin Myers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Ok obviously these animals are hated by the general public & everyone wants to see some serious changes.

Heres my questions: What do their families think of all this?
    Like surely no mother or father wants to bring up a drug dealing hitman? And what about girlfriends & wives?

Are they mostly accepting of this behaviour or are they,in some insane way, proud of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jocksandsocks

easyeason3 wrote: »
    Ok obviously these animals are hated by the general public & everyone wants to see some serious changes.

Heres my questions: What do their families think of all this?
    Like surely no mother or father wants to bring up a drug dealing hitman? And what about girlfriends & wives?

Are they mostly accepting of this behaviour or are they,in some insane way, proud of it?

its a family feud so there is no thinking about it,the whole family is involved.these are not your ordinary working family they are brought up in a life of crime.some of the women are worse then the blokes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

its a family feud so there is no thinking about it,the whole family is involved.these are not your ordinary working family they are brought up in a life of crime.some of the women are worse then the blokes

How are the women worse than blokes?

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    Perhaps in some contexts, one did it with a pen the other with a gun.

Charles Haughey killed himself wth a pen?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jocksandsocks

easyeason3 wrote: »
    How are the women worse than blokes?

there is woman involved aswell.main suspect in a recent murder was a woman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

Berty wrote: »
    I disagree.

Having grown up in Limerick and having lived in Southill I can tell you that they do not have this city by its "balls".

They have their scum hole areas so destroyed and their children so ill behaved that people just leave them be. The council wants nothing to do with them, the Gardai want nothing to do with them, I want nothing to do with them.

They do not affect my life, never have and never will. If they decide to hold traffic up for a funeral then boo hoo to the travelling public. If any other person dies then the also get brought to the graveyard with their family in tow.

I do not fear walking the streets of Limerick, do not fear leaving my house for fear I may be caught up in a gun fight, carjacked, jumped, beaten or anything else which would be against the normal flow of society.

The family of the man who shot himself are obviously attempting to show him in a certain light by the camoflauge clothing, bullet proof vest and tri colour. The pigeons are simply tacky, they may as well let goats or horses loose. They(as far as I am concerned) want him remembered as a paramilitary member.

I doubt any member of the family care what you or I think or what any member of civilised society thinks of them. They are a law unto themselves.

Do I feel sorry for him? No
    Do I feel sorry for his family? No
    Why? There is no smoke without fire.

Easy to say when you don't live in Limerick city!!!

Azphyxi8 wrote: »
    +1.

I'm also from one of these areas and I have never been affected by any of the gangland culture.

I'm from one of these areas too. I no longer live in Limerick. we might not be affected on personal level but go back and ask your relations/friends that may still live there if they feel affected!!! Ask them if hey feel easy when walk on the same foot path towards one of these scum bags... ask them how many times they check to make sure they have locked the back door and every window before they leave the house. Ask them about getting a cab home late at night ... then ask yourself if you are not affected. I am

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Spot on, I would throw them on an Island and let they starve. They are enemys of the state.

emm half of them already live on an island:D (couldn't resist sorry)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Probably Shane Geoghan and his parents thought the same until he got shot. I suppose they were thinking 'I have nothing to do with them so therefore nothing will happen to me!'

Is he already forgotten?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement