Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the scumbag funeral

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

here here talking clock, we need to put all this into context when it affects honest hard working people which is the majority in this fine city of ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

damn it man i got a killer joke about this and i cant put it in after your post. Your post is perfectly true couldn't agree with you more. I shall tell you my joke another time

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I don't know, letting these scumbags influence your way of living means that they have won in my books.

Now I'm not suggesting that anyone take them on but you still have to get on with your daily life with some sort of normality, living behind closed doors in fear means they win through fear and indimedation.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

Were they really firing shots???thats lunacy there should be no guns at funerals like the gards should of been on them like a hot snot
    I guess they hoped there would be a repeat performance of the original Collopy incident and the city would be down another half a dozen criminals.

http://www.independent.ie/multimedia/archive/00300/funeral1_getty_300444t.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

gaf1983 wrote: »
    Writing recently in the Irish Independent in the wake of the murders of the British soldiers in Antrim, Kevin Myers claimed that internment did in fact work against the IRA campaigns of the 1920s, 30s, 40s and 50s.

He obviously forgot to mention the 70's where it didn't work!

Mind you, it depends on what you call "work"

Did it take people off the streets?.....Yes.

Did it kill off the intended targets, namely the IRA?....No!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

there is woman involved aswell.main
    suspect in a recent murder was a woman

Yeah right!
    WTF!!!!!
    I can't believe it!
    Maybe I was being a bit naive but I honestly thought that once Johnny Criminal started making babies with Joesphine Criminal that she would automatically want the best for the babies...As in keep them away from crime!
    Now I hear Josephine Criminal is as bad as Johnny Criminal? The mind boggles :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

BravoMike wrote: »
    It was the most elaborate funeral I have ever seen.
    The hearse was used for transporting the flowers only, followed by a man in a top hat accompanied by a youth on a horse!!
    Followed by by a Toyota Dyna with flowers and wreaths all over it.
    Then came the horse drawn carriage with the steel casket being pulled by 4 jet black horses.

tis like something out of eastenders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

These tactics produced many casualties for both sides and for civilian by-standers. The British Army study of the conflict later described this period (1970-1972), as the 'insurgency phase' of the IRA's campaign

based on this, i'd define by "work" as prevent a successful overthrow of british rule in northern ireland.

I say this because I tend to quibble over facts. I'm not saying it because I think internment is a reasonable solution. I'd be entirely opposed to it.

I do think guards are intimidated by gangsters. But that is the tip of the iceberg. Society does not deal with them in general.
    Juries should be anonymous: They shouldn't even be visible when intimidation is likely. Maybe this isn't a feasible suggestion, but you know what I'm getting at...

• Registered Users Posts: 44 LibraMan

When I heard about this scumbag showing someone how to shoot people and blowing his own brains in the process out I couldn't believe it. You couldn't write comedy like that for jaysus sake! Talk about a candidate for the Darwin Awards! The stupid cnut should have had the bulletproof vest wrapped around his thick skull! But to be fair to the pikey scum, at least he left this world giving the rest of us a good old laugh, fair play to him! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

scumbags are the bane of modern society

wish more of them practiced firing guns in their scumbag living rooms.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bobbbb

LibraMan wrote: »
    When I heard about this scumbag showing someone how to shoot people and blowing his own brains in the process out I couldn't believe it. You couldn't write comedy like that for jaysus sake! Talk about a candidate for the Darwin Awards! The stupid cnut should have had the bulletproof vest wrapped around his thick skull! But to be fair to the pikey scum, at least he left this world giving the rest of us a good old laugh, fair play to him! :D

I cant wait for the Darwin awards article.
    And to top it off a dead man who shot himself is wearing a bulletproof vest - in case he does it again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

baza1976 wrote: »
    ... ask them how many times they check to make sure they have locked the back door and every window before they leave the house. Ask them about getting a cab home late at night ... then ask yourself if you are not affected. I am

Doesn't everyone do this whether from Limerick City or not?? Common sense to secure your house. As for getting cabs home, equally worrying in any area due to the relaxed attitude to allowing evry tom dick or harry obtain a PSV licence.

Anyway, I honestly donlt think the gun toting holligans like Collopy are into breaking into poeples houses for the proceeds of the piggy bank!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

I wonder what a priest has to say during the funeral service. nothing bad about dead? what could you say aboout such a fúcking lowlife? how could you express symathy to the family of that scumbag?

i'm not a christian and i don't believe in that heaven/hell thing but from their understanding that scum must clearly go to hell. what will you tell people as a priest if you have to deliver the speech from the pulpit?

difficult job indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

Anyway, I honestly donlt think the gun toting holligans like Collopy are into breaking into poeples houses for the proceeds of the piggy bank![/QUOTE]

You obivously haven't a clue... Of course Tony soprano Collopy isn't going to break into your house... but his little hanger ons who love to impress and show how "bad" they are will break into your house or car.... the people that buy drugs or owe money for drugs will break into your house or car for your piggy bank...
    do you not know anyone form any of these areas?? have you ever lived in any of these areas???
    I think I know how anyone from the areas affected will feel after reading your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 LibraMan

Here's a suggestion: if a scumbag training other scumbags to use guns results in the worst one in the room blowing his own brains out, then I think the state should provide support and encouragement through FÁS grants.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Iang87 wrote: »
    ha you'd have got a loan out. Have you tried recently
    yep, its pretty easy

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭lynnsback

Life is not all black and white y'know. Not every parent of these drug dealers are involved in the gangs themselves. Some of them desperately wanted their children to get out of the gangs. Also, not all the wives and girlfriends are involved. And as for their children; it is in NO WAY their fault that their parents are gang members.

I think people should have more respect actually and just let them rest in peace. Philip Coloppy may have been a bad guy but we can surely have some empathy for his poor children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Nuke 'em

lynnsback wrote: »
    Life is not all black and white y'know. Not every parent of these drug dealers are involved in the gangs themselves. Some of them desperately wanted their children to get out of the gangs. Also, not all the wives and girlfriends are involved. And as for their children; it is in NO WAY their fault that their parents are gang members.

I think people should have more respect actually and just let them rest in peace. Philip Coloppy may have been a bad guy but we can surely have some empathy for his poor children.
    Eh no. No not at all. they are better off without that scum. they might grow up not killing someone now that he's gone and he can't teach them how to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Not if he showed them how to do it like he did! I guess they will learn to put on the safety first :D

• Advertisement

Seriously, this thread is very disrespectful.

The loc - You may have a point. His children might now have less chance of growing up in a gang.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Disrescpectful to a family of scumbags?? Or disrespectful to the families that have been affected by this persons crimes?

I find it hard to feel sorry for someone who has killed, was a drug dealer, made his family rich from these things and of course was playing russian roulette and high on illegal substances with children in the same room. if he didn't kill himself, he deserved to be hanged by the balls/testes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

agreed....one less dangerous scum bag on planet earth.....really don't understand how someone can come on here and say people are being disrespectful! Do you honestly think he gave anyone in his life any respect?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

It's funny to think the COMPLETELY different mind-set these people have.

They like to portray themselves as fighting some sort of legitimate "war". Hence the alleged bulletproof vest and camo gear.

What annoys me is when people like Willie O' Dea try and negotiate with them and try to bring peace and a ceasefire. This further lends to these people's beliefs that they are indeed fighting some sort of "war".

They are nothing but criminals and vermin. Our state should lean on them hard until they're either dead or in prison.

I often think what would the generations that went before us think of these people.

Or more importantly, the generations after. If this type of scenario continues, people will increasingly become aware of the fact that justice is an illusion, just like law and order. The more these scumbags are allowed to bleigtently show off their ware's, the more other potential scummers will see how easy it is. Its an absolute disgrace that people like this are allowed live, never mind be free to terrorise society. All I can hope for, is that the Gardai are biding their time for some huge bust. Not holding my breath though.

All I am saying is life is never black and white. I feel sorry for his family and kids. That is all.

What are you talking about? It is definetly 100% black and white in this fella's case. he was the scum of the earth. his family i'm sure are just as bad. and if they are not, and they are decent people, then i'm sure they are delighted that he's gone. hopefully his kids will be too scared to ever pick up a gun and maybe be thankfull to the guards for being so lenient to them. maybe they'll see sence and and never break the law. I seriously doubt it but we hope.
    You are basically saying that people should feel sorry for people like hitler, joe fritzel, osama bin laden... in my op, **** em. they got what they deserved. I don't wish it on anyone but if it happens to someone who is a heartless evil bastard then how bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭tinsop

Yes lynnsback your right nothing is black and white,but men like this have their wives and girlfriends involved.These woman sometimes have no choice its the life they choose and they cant get out of the relationship.Who sells their Heroin for them?and makes their money its the children.Maybe not their own children but someone else's children.Any article you see that's gang related on the news most of the people caught are 14 to 17yrs.The penny boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Have this vision in my head of Tony Cross struggling to put a bullet proof vest on a corpse.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Have this vision in my head of Tony Cross struggling to put a bullet proof vest on a corpse.....

that is easy it just falls down over the body, also a corpse never has pants on always naked from the bellybutton down

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement