Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFS Shift

Options
  • 25-03-2009 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

ign video

I assume it's on gametrailers as well.

I found NFS a welcome break from PGR or Forza or Burnout or *insert whatever codemasters are calling Toca this time*.

I liked the car modifications and the like...the cop chances in HP2 & MW.

Shift is gone towards track racing. I'm sorry but you'd want to be pretty ****ing special to stop me from playing GRID.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Some of the previews I've read have been positive. The previewers only really tested the driving mechanics and they say it's excellent. Hopefully it'll be what Pro Street should have been.

I will be waiting on reviews though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Personally, I thought pro street was better than Underground. The speed challenges where excellent and the drag racing was also pretty good.

I felt Underground tried to be a carbon copy of Most Wanted, but due to completely copying it and not innovating at all it just felt like a rehash, with marginally better graphics. Also, for a car game, most wanteds story was alright, whereas Undergrounds was just diabolically bad.

New Shift game looks alright, but I won't be holding my breath. I stopped doing that after taking a deep breath after holding it for Carbon and smelling nothing but sh!t

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Pretty much the whole dev team behind this are ex-SimBin so I would expect something good here unless the EA bean-counters force them to **** it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Stephen wrote: »
    I would expect something good here unless the EA bean-counters force them to **** it up.

That's what they do... they force devs to **** up games....

... when they're not too busy counting beans...

... or playing Mean Bean Machine... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

'Hay guyz, we think this would be better and more popular with the yoof if we put 50 cent in the soundtrack and release it 6 months before you actually finish it. kthxbai'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Stephen wrote: »
    Pretty much the whole dev team behind this are ex-SimBin so I would expect something good here unless the EA bean-counters force them to **** it up.
    ah, that would explain the emphasis on the racing physics and the like!

we already have Race Pro from simbin for consoles tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I seen the trailer for this on XBL, but it was too short to make a judgement yet. Looks very like GRID or Race Pro, but I think i'll hang on till i see a better trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Looks pretty good and SimBin sure know what they are doing, but it's kinda hard to take a racing game seriously when it's being advertised by car crashing.

Advertisement