Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recessed speakers - where to purchase ?

• 25-03-2009 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi,
    we are in the process of doing up our dinning room and living room at the moment.
    Our electrician has installed down lighters and wired for speakers
    he supplied the lights but has asked us to supply the speakers as his wholesaler dosen't do them.

Does anyone know where in Dublin is best to get these
    the smaller the better, not very fussy about the quality of sound
    seen ones on the peats website €80 per pair
    is it possible to get them cheaper ?

any opinions would be greatly appreciated
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Hifi Keith

I would have a fair experience with ceiling speakers and have had some really disappointing ones and some good ones. I generally use Apart 1008s or Apart 608s but have used Nuvo and Penton and would recommend both. <SNIP>

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

@Hifi Keith,

As a new poster you're welcome to the HE Forums. Please note that advertising is not allowed here, if you want to advertise with Boards.ie please contact Admins using the appropriate links on the home page of the website.

Please note that new sign-up solely (or apparently) for the purpose of promoting their business interests are usually banned.

If you have any queries in relation to this, feel free to contact me by PM, not be reply on this thread.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Hifi Keith

The Ritz wrote: »
    @Hifi Keith,

As a new poster you're welcome to the HE Forums. Please note that advertising is not allowed here, if you want to advertise with Boards.ie please contact Admins using the appropriate links on the home page of the website.

Please note that new sign-up solely (or apparently) for the purpose of promoting their business interests are usually banned.

If you have any queries in relation to this, feel free to contact me by PM, not be reply on this thread.

Thanks,

Ritz.

Sorry was just trying to help the guy out have found stuff hard to come by sometimes and its frustrating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,340 ✭✭✭Homer

Best to at least listen to a few different pairs and decide for yourself. €80 does seem quite cheap but then it depends what you are connecting them to! How many pairs are you looking to install in the ceiling?

/edit just looked and they are Kef speakers which are a very reputable hifi manafacturer/

Just be careful if you are looking to get more than one pair and connect them to some standard domestic hifi/amplifier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

This thread may be of interest to the OP

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055518979

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Like said already above, be careful not to overload an amp by running speaker pairs simultaneously. Run them in series to maintain load or from a distribution amp to maintain audio quality.
    Btw running b&w ccm ceiling speakers myself, but they are outside the op's stated budget. Quality is good though, for movies and games. Music through ceiling speakers never equates to normal height speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭cazze

Thanks for the feedback guys

I came accross a few types on the net that range from €16 to €35 each
    think it was a dutch website

i have no idea what the quality is like so for that reason i think we may get a pair from Peats first and see how they go and if we are happy with them get the rest later.

cheers.

Advertisement