Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media Market Share

Options
  • 25-03-2009 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I'm currently doing an assignment about the analysis of Irish media. I decided to do the assignment on Irish Television.
    The problem is that I can't find any decent information on the ownership patterns of Irish television.:confused::confused::confused:
    Anyone have any good ideas for me?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

RTE and TG4 are obvious
    Denis O'Brien set up an online sales channel - went bust
    David Harvey is involved in city Channel
    TV3 was set up by CanWest and a few Irish businessmen, now owned by Doughty Hansen essentially
    Channel 6 owners you'll get in Irish Times archive - included the Barry family of Barry's tea, now owned by Tv3.
    Is that the kind of info that helps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 AnthonyRourke

I was thinking along the lines of some of that.
    I think you just gave me pretty much everything I need.And some interesting stuff I could use as well.
    Mainly needed confirmation.
    Thanks a million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Aitchdee

Slight correction to the above

Channel 6 now E3 - owned by TV3

Denis O 'Brien owns wholly 98FM, Today FM, Newstalk, Spin Dublin, Spin SW and 20% of Independent Newsapapers

UTV owns, LMFM, Q102, Fm104, 96FM Cork and Limerick 95

TCH (Thomas Crosbie Holdings) The Examiner, Cork Evening Echo, Sunday Business Post and a number of regional titles

Independent Newspapers wholly own Irish Indo, Sunday Indo, Sunday World and a number of regional titles. They own 50% of the Iriish Daily Star and Star Sunday. They also own a share of the Sunday Tribune.

News International own The Sun, News of the World, Times and Sunday Times and also Sky TV

These are the main media owners in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

The OP was interested in television.

Advertisement