Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cold pasta?

• 25-03-2009 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here got any good recipes for cold pasta as in the type you might get in a salad bar in tesco? What kind of dressing/ingredients are good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭collegegal

are you cooking it yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

yeah thats the plan! any ideas?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Cook pasta (I use spirals), drain and rinse in cold water. Add a spoonful of pesto and a splash of olive oil to loosen it up. Stir it well. Then you can add chopped red onion or scallions, cherry tomatoes, peppers, tuna, anything you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭collegegal

this is a yummy dish eaten hot or cold.....dont be afraid of the ingredients!

small shell pasta (smallest you can get as it cooks quicker)
    bacon
    frozen peas
    creme fresh
    lemon
    mint
    parmezan (cant spell it sorry)
    butter

In a pot, cook the mini pasta shells with a good pinch of salt
    Cut the bacon (rashers) into small strips and fry in a large pan untill they get as crispy as you can get before they burn (the large pan will come in handy for later!)
    The pasta is small so wont take long to cook, when it is, drain off the pasta...here is a tip...save some of the water - that is important!
    Put the frozen peas into the pan
    Put chopped mint and parmesan ontop of bacon next
    Put the pasta in the pan (thats why u need the biggest pan u have), add two spoons of creme fresh, lemon zest, and lemon juice...and fry until you see the creme fresh kinda go all creamy at the bottom....now for the best part...pour that water you saved when draining off the pasta into the pan (this will save the pasta from drying up and stay fresh for you)...(about a cup of water)

sprinkly some parmesan and serve!

delicious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Two of my favs.

Cold Pasta ( spirals are good )
    Tin of tuna
    Tin of sweetcorn
    A few spoons of mayo

Mix together and enjoy :)

Warm\cold pasta
    Chopped chicken fillet
    Few spoons of green pesto (to taste)

Mix together....

CC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Blacktulip

I can give you so many recepies about cold pasta :D

i can cook it with:
    - cherry tomatoes and mozzarella cheese with a lot of extravergin oil and basil (very simple)
    - boiled peas, parmigiano cheese,nuts, basils and oil.
    - grilled red peppers, grilled oubergine,some olives, feta cheese, oil and some garlic if you like.

:o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

CombatCow wrote: »
    Cold Pasta ( spirals are good )
    Tin of tuna
    Tin of sweetcorn
    A few spoons of mayo

Mix together and enjoy :)

^^^ Exactly what I was gonna say :)

Also another, perhaps nicer:

Broccoli - raw or v slightly steamed if you prefer
    Grated carrot