Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell considering closing Alienware in Athlone and Miami and moving to it Poland.

Options
  • 25-03-2009 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭

I don't post here often, this might be of interest to people here. I just heard that Dell are thinking of pulling Alienware out of Ireland and Miami and consolidating it's Alienware manufacturing into Poland: http://www.rte.ie/business/2009/0325/dell.html

That's possibly 70 jobs going in Athlone. It's also a development I believe many people suspected would eventually happen when Dell bought Alienware years ago. That it would be absorbed into the Dell company and simply be marketed as a separate brand.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

Oracle wrote: »
    I don't post here often, this might be of interest to people here. I just heard that Dell are thinking of pulling Alienware out of Ireland and Miami and consolidating it's Alienware manufacturing into Poland: http://www.rte.ie/business/2009/0325/dell.html

That's possibly 70 jobs going in Athlone. It's also a development I believe many people suspected would eventually happen when Dell bought Alienware years ago. That it would be absorbed into the Dell company and simply be marketed as a separate brand.

I have a feeling this is going to get moved...... but its sad nevertheless

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

everyone in dell knew this at the Jan chopping...
    High up management sent out a powerpoint presentation to some ppl with the transition to Poland from Ireland. Of course they forgot to remove the part about Alienware closing ...I'm surprised it actually toook this long to get out.

Advertisement