Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sun Certified Java Programmer - Job Opportunities?

Options
  • 25-03-2009 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭

I'm currently studying in DCU, doing a 1 year full time Graduate Diploma in IT. As part of this course I've learnt a bit of Java.

Am hoping to get the SCJP after I've finished this course, as I've found programming to be probably what I enjoy the most/am best at on the course. I was just wondering how employable I'd be with these qualifications? Is the SCJP enough to get an entry level job?

Bear in mind I also have some knowledge of databases/sql, web design, unix shell, programming for e-commerce (also in java), gui design.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Like any cert/degree/<insert piece of paper here> its better backed with experience, but having it will give you the edge over someone who doesnt when directly compared

Now as to whether your course will sufficient to help you onto SCJP is another story.

It will definately give you a leg up if you achieve it, especially if you are up against other graduates with similar skillsets but without the cert.

Advertisement