Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post ACCA Qualification

Options
  • 25-03-2009 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Having been laid off from my job, I am looking through courses with a view to doing something with my time and hopefully improving my cv. I have looked at the following courses/areas. I have a standard ACCA qualification and some industry, but mostly financial experience. I would very much like to concentrate and work in industry in the future. I am just looking for any pointers as to a worthwhile course to pursue which would be benefical in this regard.

Graduate Certificate in Corporate Treasury (DCU)

AITI - Associate of the Irish Taxation Institute (I have noted from other posts requires significant work and focus and as I will at most be compiling corp tax returns and do not really intend to work in a practise/tax capacity.
    I note they are doing an advanced P2 course, given I am exempt for P1.)

TMITI - Tax Technician Member of the Irish Taxation Institute (This does not seem to be of a much higher level than what I already know from ACCA although it may be benefical to have seperate on CV).

I have also seen a cert in payroll from IPASS or perhaps I should concentrate on learning about different accounting packages with a view to prospective job specs?

Any advise or suggestions of courses would be greatly appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement