Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best pub for older generation (with trad music)

• 25-03-2009 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

My parents are staying in the gresham for a weekend and they were asking me did i know of any good pubs which played ballads/trad music but wasnt too mental. Unfortunetly for them whenever im in town im usually a bit tipsy and the names and location of each pub usually get lost to the back of my mind by the next day. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the celt and o sheas on talbot street play trad. the celt is mainly packed with tourists though.
    get the dart to howth and go to the pier house, maybe they still do a trad session on sunday mornings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

I'd say O'Shea's Merchants, lower bridge st (before the bridge to Church st)

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

O'Sheas Merchant the better of the 2 O'Shea pubs by a long way, the Talbot St pub and the Celt are both packed with tourists.....

Brgds
    Johnny

Advertisement