Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lift the gloom and doom

Options
  • 25-03-2009 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭

With all the doom and gloom ever time we turn on T.V. or radio Why not list all the positive stuff that happens around North Dublin or nice places to get away from it.
    It could be a alking trail, a park, a cycle way......... Just look at some positives:)

Start
    Rogerstown Estuary wildlife

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Rogerstown Estuary nightlife.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Ardgillan Castle - especially the walled gardens during the summer when the veg are growing. Great fun trying to guess what veg is what. Harder than you might think especially when we're used to buying our veg all neatly trimmed of foliage in the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Rogerstown Estuary nightlife.
    That also, but with a few houses there it probably aint as peaceful as it used to be:) Not that an ageing fella would like me would know;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Went for lunch in Skerries to-day.Decided to take a walk afterwards.Stopped in at Olive to find my favourite French Blue cheese and then a few doors down a new (I think!!) Fishmongers.Couldnt believe Skerries didnt have 1 till now.2 fresh trout (fantastically cooked by my wife) for dinner.Me is happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

And hopefully the recession will put an end to the Port in Bremore! The stroll from the tower field to Gormanstown along the beach is still my favorite walk............. Serene and beautiful

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

bcmf wrote: »
    and then a few doors down a new (I think!!) Fishmongers.

Did you notice if they had any wild smoked salmon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

not sure TBH.Was torn between getting fresh Lemon Sole and Trout.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Let's keep this on-topic please. HB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Newbridge Park and Demense in Donabate.

Lovely big park, good playground, bbq area, farm, a wildlife sanctuary with deer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

Howth is gorgeous, be it a walk on the pier or around the cliffs. So pretty!!

And stopping for a bag of chips in Caffe Caira is a must!!!

Oh yum............

• Advertisement

Lillylilly wrote: »
    Howth is gorgeous, be it a walk on the pier or around the cliffs. So pretty!!

And stopping for a bag of chips in Caffe Caira is a must!!!

Oh yum............
    A good bag of chips with lots of salt and vineger can lighten up most days.... whether it be skerries/lusk/rush or even balbriggan ;) although it has to be an italian chipper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

I like the cut of your jib Lilly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Swords estuary is lovely for a walk and a picnic. I love watching the birds.

Swords estuary is lovely for a walk and a picnic. I love watching the birds.
    I often take a walk down there on my lunch break, very nice.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

+1 on ardgillan AND malahide AND Balbriggan to gormo beach.

Watch out for cultural events in Seamus Ennis centre in Naul during the summer too. nice cafe in it and even Killeens pub across the road for a nice pint on a hot afternoon - you can carry your pint over the the seamus ennis centre :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 willy_kenny

a nice summers evening fishing for mackerel at the lighthouse on the harbour balbriggan always a bit of crack!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

The cliff walk between the Waterside Hotel, Donabate and the car park at the Quay, Portrane. This is aprox one mile long so it's a very nice two mile walk up and back. The only drawback is that it's a favourite with dog walkers, some of which don't bother to clean up the dog mess.

Advertisement