Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting fingal worth a lay

Options
  • 25-03-2009 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭

Been looking at the eircom fixtures for friday night.

Two bets come to mind immediately. I think Bohs will be too good away to a strugglin drogheda.

Also cant believe the inflated price sporting fingal keep getting. The are a bunch of names who havnt knitted together yet, and yet keep getting very short odds with little form.

They are playing Kildare in Kildare this week. Kildares pitch is a dirty messy pitch and tight also, it wont suit the players on the Fingal team. Having chatted with a few mates who play to a decent level, they think that Its only because of Kildares away performance to Longford that has this match wrongly priced (imo)
    Kildare at home are a diff story, and with the stuttering away form of an un-knitted team, A lay of Fingal looks good to me. It is the wrong price, in Santry would be a diff story imo

Lay Fingal 5 points
    Back Bohs 2 points
    Back monaghan 1 point
    Back wexford 1 point

(ive done all these on betfair as thats were my preferred betting is)

gl all anyways

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Solesurvivor

I fancy a nice little accumulator by no means a banker but worth a little money at decent odds
    St Pats V Dundalk > Dundalk to win
    Rovers V Derry > Derry to win
    Wales V Finland > Wales to win with Bellamy back
    England V Slovakia > England to win
    Ireland V Bulgaria > Bulgaria Draw no bet Goes against the heart but every possibility.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

semibluff wrote: »
    Been looking at the eircom fixtures for friday night.

Two bets come to mind immediately. I think Bohs will be too good away to a strugglin drogheda.

Also cant believe the inflated price sporting fingal keep getting. The are a bunch of names who havnt knitted together yet, and yet keep getting very short odds with little form.

They are playing Kildare in Kildare this week. Kildares pitch is a dirty messy pitch and tight also, it wont suit the players on the Fingal team. Having chatted with a few mates who play to a decent level, they think that Its only because of Kildares away performance to Longford that has this match wrongly priced (imo)
    Kildare at home are a diff story, and with the stuttering away form of an un-knitted team, A lay of Fingal looks good to me. It is the wrong price, in Santry would be a diff story imo

Lay Fingal 5 points
    Back Bohs 2 points
    Back monaghan 1 point
    Back wexford 1 point

(ive done all these on betfair as thats were my preferred betting is)

gl all anyways

Harps played them 1st game of the season(kildare) and talking to one of the Harps players, they told me "kildare are terrible".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

shiibata wrote: »
    Harps played them 1st game of the season(kildare) and talking to one of the Harps players, they told me "kildare are terrible".

He's due his opinion obviously, but they still held Finn Harps to a 1-1 draw. This is my point exactly, they get underestimated at home due to their away form

He's due his opinion obviously, but they still held Finn Harps to a 1-1 draw. This is my point exactly, they get underestimated at home due to their away form

Ye but it was more luck than anything they got a point, harps hit woodwork 3 times and harps are no great shakes themselves this year.. His opinion should be pretty good considering he was playing.

Good luck with bet anyhow, going through lean spell myself at moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Kildare are an awful awful side. Finn Harps are pretty bad too tbh.

Shels beat Kildare 5-1 in a friendly down there before the season. Can't see past a Fingal win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Kildares pitch is a dirty messy pitch and tight also, it wont suit the players on the Fingal team.

And Morton Stadium is Wembley-esque with vast swathes of lucious green turf?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Angelicus_22

came across this, makes for interesting read if a little long winded

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/1528/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Drogheda United -v- Bohemians

It’s top (joint) versus bottom (joint) tonight in what will be Drogheda’s hardest challenge since coming out of examinership. Nobody is looking past Bohs tonight and anything other than an away victory here will be a big shock. Over 90% of the cash matched on betfair has been placed on the Gypos. While the away side should win Pat Fenlon’s men may find it difficult to break down the home side’s defence in the opening period and I wouldn’t be too keen on backing Bohs HT/FT. Bohs are available @ 1.66 at the moment and that is decent enough as a few bookmakers have shifted into 1/2 at this stage. However, on Monday I was lucky enough to get on @ 4/5. Some may feel that 1.66 is a bit tight but it must be remembered that Drogheda haven’t scored in 3 games and they scored sfa in pre-season also. Bohs to win 2-0.

Shelbourne FC -v- Limerick FC

Maybe it’s the heart ruling the head on this one but I can’t see past a home win, and a very comfortable home win at that. The Shels’ players should have no problem in being motivated for this fixture as Limerick were the side who prevented Shels winning the league last season with a 93rd minute equalizer - the last kick of the season. Revenge could be on the menu tonight and the home side will want pay back for the Limerick players’ antics after the last meeting between the sides. Dermot Keely has turned into some sort of tactical genius it seems in the opening three fixtures of games. In all three games he has sprung a sub from the bench who then went on to score the winner. This may not happen tonight as he will probably go with Flood and Madden up front who should tear the Limerick defence to shreds. And this punter is having a cheeky punt on Madden to get a hat trick. For those interested in the goal market might want to have a look at over 2.5 goals. There has been 8 meetings between these two sides in the past couple of seasons which has resulted in 24 goals. And with a possible Shelbourne rout tonight it could be a strong possibility.

Kildare County FC -v- Sporting Fingal FC

Surprisingly Fingal have been a little sheepish in their start of the season but tonight will see them find their scoring boots against an awful Kildare side. The home side have conceded 7 goals in their last two fixtures and a defeat by 3 or more goals tonight is a real possibility. The value in Fingal has all been hovered up and it’s hard to back them @ 1.40 so the over 2.5 market could be where the value is. Fingal to win 4-0.

Backing Bohs @ 4/5 (Bet365)
    Backing Shels @ 1.73 (Betfair)
    Backing Madden Hat Trick @ 66/1(Powers)
    Suggestion Over 2.5 goals Shels/lims @ 2.46 (Betfair)
    Backing over 2.5 goals Kildare/Sporting @ 1.91

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Im friends with a couple of the Sporting Fingal players and usually get a call to back them if they fancy themselves.......... No call yet!!

exactly - thats what i was thinking Eoghan - lay them like no tomorow. Value is gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭daheff

I'm backing Galway to beat Sligo in Galway tonite..13/8 on Boyles

Galway seem to be a different side since last year (so far!) ...reckon they'll beat a struggling sligo no problems.

Also backing Shels, Bohs and Pats. add in Ire v Bulg draw and its about 35-1 for an acc on boyles

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭kingshankly

raheny red wrote: »

It’s top (joint) versus bottom (joint) tonight in what will be Drogheda’s hardest challenge since coming out of examinership. Nobody is looking past Bohs tonight and anything other than an away victory here will be a big shock. Over 90% of the cash matched on betfair has been placed on the Gypos. While the away side should win Pat Fenlon’s men may find it difficult to break down the home side’s defence in the opening period and I wouldn’t be too keen on backing Bohs HT/FT. Bohs are available @ 1.66 at the moment and that is decent enough as a few bookmakers have shifted into 1/2 at this stage. However, on Monday I was lucky enough to get on @ 4/5. Some may feel that 1.66 is a bit tight but it must be remembered that Drogheda haven’t scored in 3 games and they scored sfa in pre-season also. Bohs to win 2-0.

Maybe it’s the heart ruling the head on this one but I can’t see past a home win, and a very comfortable home win at that. The Shels’ players should have no problem in being motivated for this fixture as Limerick were the side who prevented Shels winning the league last season with a 93rd minute equalizer - the last kick of the season. Revenge could be on the menu tonight and the home side will want pay back for the Limerick players’ antics after the last meeting between the sides. Dermot Keely has turned into some sort of tactical genius it seems in the opening three fixtures of games. In all three games he has sprung a sub from the bench who then went on to score the winner. This may not happen tonight as he will probably go with Flood and Madden up front who should tear the Limerick defence to shreds. And this punter is having a cheeky punt on Madden to get a hat trick. For those interested in the goal market might want to have a look at over 2.5 goals. There has been 8 meetings between these two sides in the past couple of seasons which has resulted in 24 goals. And with a possible Shelbourne rout tonight it could be a strong possibility.

Surprisingly Fingal have been a little sheepish in their start of the season but tonight will see them find their scoring boots against an awful Kildare side. The home side have conceded 7 goals in their last two fixtures and a defeat by 3 or more goals tonight is a real possibility. The value in Fingal has all been hovered up and it’s hard to back them @ 1.40 so the over 2.5 market could be where the value is. Fingal to win 4-0.

Backing Bohs @ 4/5 (Bet365)
    Backing Shels @ 1.73 (Betfair)
    Backing Madden Hat Trick @ 66/1(Powers)
    Suggestion Over 2.5 goals Shels/lims @ 2.46 (Betfair)
    you will do well to get bohs at 4/5

I see Fingal are struggling with that pitch in Kildare:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Back to the drawing board semi we all get days like these

you will do well to get bohs at 4/5

Did you bother reading my post?

had a saver on fingal minus 7, so still won! lol eeeeeeeeeeeeeek

didnt lose much, two of 4 bets came in. Next time i suppose

raheny red wrote: »

Backing Bohs @ 4/5 (Bet365) :)
    Backing Shels @ 1.73 (Betfair) :)
    Backing Madden Hat Trick @ 66/1(Powers) :(
    Suggestion Over 2.5 goals Shels/lims @ 2.46 (Betfair) :(
    :pac:

Bohs won 1-0 but it was fairly hairy in the last few moments considering this was my biggest bet of the year so far. Still can't believe Bet365 went 4/5. I'm looking forward to Monday evening already - hopefully some poor complier will make another mistake .

The expected bag of goals never came at Tolka but the 1-0 win will do for my single bet anyway.

And overs in the Fungal game - what can I say, that was a tight one, Fingal won 8-0

getting 4/5 was massive. A very knowledgeable local bookie priced it at 1/3 or shorter (the bohs game)

nice1

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Think that Sligo could be a team to follow over the next few games judging by last nights improved performance, will be interesting to see what price they are for their next 2 home games.....

As for Kildare, thought that the result was a misprint on the teletext last night, however saw them against Mervue in the play-off last season and they were dreadful!

Brgds
    Johnny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Who Laid the 8-0 winners?

Come on now. Own up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

orourkeda wrote: »
    Who Laid the 8-0 winners?

Come on now. Own up

Well...you know....the OP like....

Not many people in the same league as Raheny Red when it comes to Irish soccer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Bet365 have boh's at 10/11 to beat Cork City.

PP 4/6:eek:

Got this from another forum but UCD half time / full time looks nailed on to me. They are at home to Kildare who were hammered 8-0 at home on the weekend. UCD are flying at the moment with 4 wins from 4. Hills go 1/3 for a home win while Powers go 1/7 with Kildare a massive 16/1!

I've just lumped on Ucd half time full time @ 4/5 with Willy hills. This price won't last too long I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Sligo big at 5/4 with PP to beat Dundalk.....

Brgds
    Johnny

Advertisement