Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Application Support letters For University!

Options
  • 25-03-2009 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and in a bit of a pickle..hmm, basically I am applying to UL University for a undergraduate degree course in HPSS (History, Politics, Sociology and social Studies) I come from a completely different background of business, however i have travelled and work in Asia as a teacher for a number of years. I'm just now beginnig to understand what i want to do in my life (it's taken me 33 years to do so, haha) however i am stuck on the page where you have to write a piece as a 'supporting statement' on the application form. I want to know if anyone has experience of writing such a piece (i want to shine but am not sure what they are looking for?) i know they talk about pervious work history and reasons for applying or a course like this, but, i am wondering out there in cyberworld is there anybody else who has had a completely different background and found that part of the application daunting?
    I've written about 5 drafts ranging from my life story to a more consise one of just a single typed page talking about why i wanted to study thye course..However anybody got any ideas or advice for me?
    thanks for reading this...

Xinchao...

Advertisement