Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stabbing in the Crescent SC!!

Options
  • 25-03-2009 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭

Apparently there was a stabbing in the Crescent Shopping Centre in Dooradoyle this afternoon.
    There was a bit of scuffle and security asked someone to leave and then a person dropped to the ground with a knife!

More bad news :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

any other info no, feud related, wannabe scumbags tryin to make a name. Anyone actually hurt. Theres a lot of heads out around those parts sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Heard nothing bout this........when where how??

steveon wrote: »
    Heard nothing bout this........when where how??

When - Afternoon
    Where - Crescent
    How - With a knife

Dude you gotta keep up:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I know someone that was there earlier, they told me! Will probably come out tomorrow i'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Was it a scumbag who accidentally stabbed himself in the head by any chance???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    Was it a scumbag who accidentally stabbed himself in the head by any chance???

We can only hope....

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭djman

heard it was a drunk guy who walked into the centre and wouldn't leave when asked by security so the Guards were called. Apparently he produced a knife and stabbed himself!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Saw the happenings from a distance. Just as I was looking on a fella who I hadn't seen in a while came walking past me so didn't get to see a lot of what was happening with talking to him. It appeared as if a fella with blood running down from his forehead and in the centre of the Crescent was surrounded by and brandishing some sort of weapon at four guards. It looked like a Ban Guard was asking him to drop it and went to seize it. He retaliated but another Guard managed to disarm him with a baton sort device. They then had him lying on the ground, whether he was knocked out or not I'm not sure. I stand to be corrected on any point though as, as I say I was watching from a far and talking to a friend who I hadn't met in a long time. Two members of the armed response unit came walking against me as I was heading toward the exit door of Crescent. This would have being happening between 5 and 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

djman wrote: »
    heard it was a drunk guy who walked into the centre and wouldn't leave when asked by security so the Guards were called. Apparently he produced a knife and stabbed himself!!!!

I was thinking his co-ordination wasn't fantastic looking alright from what I could see. If there was any struggle to get him on the ground he certainly didn't put up much of a convincing effort. Was thinking he looked more of a drunken down and out as opposed to an out an out scumbag from what little I saw. Don't like being too judgemental either though as I know nothing about how these events unfolded. I guess if what you are saying is the case things just snowballed out of control for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭limericklady87

was wondering what had happened actually... i left there at maybe quarter to 6 and 4 squads drove in against me as i was coming out but didnt see anything inside.. i was down the new side though by river island and h&m....:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

was wondering what had happened actually... i left there at maybe quarter to 6 and 4 squads drove in against me as i was coming out but didnt see anything inside.. i was down the new side though by river island and h&m....:eek:

Staring at girly things in the windows of the shops is no doubt why you didnt see anything.

Women :rolleyes: so easily distracted ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

djman wrote: »
    Apparently he produced a knife and stabbed himself!!!!

I was joking with the stabbing himself remark, but he really did. ha ha brilliant. That has to be some kind of tribute. Too much of a coincidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

Saw the Garda ARU going out the Dock road with Blues and twos around 5.20pm yesterday. Could have been on the way to the Cresent SC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Anyone find an actual news report on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

If the guards had a taser this would have been a lot easier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

I was right there when it happened. I was going over to see my girlfriend in the Perfume Shop and she was a little freaked out because the guy was right outside the shop and she was the only one there. She told me he had been drinking vodka and the Crescent security guys came up to him to tell him to get rid or get lost and he whipped out a knife. He already had blood all over his face at this stage so I don't know what happened before that. When I got there, he was just sitting on the bench in the central area drinking the vodka while the security guards were off calling the Gardai. I was standing about 5 metres away when the cops first approached him. He instantly jumped and started waving the knife about and screaming something (pretty sure he was eastern European). One of the lady guards put her hands up in a kind of "just relax" way but he kept jabbing the knife towards them threateningly. Then she takes out her baton and moves a step closer... and he just stabs himself in the chest. Really ****ing surreal. Looked like he was aiming for his heart like! However, I stayed there while they were looking after him and there didn't seem to be too much blood so I'd say the wound wasn't too deep. Plus, after the proper medical staff arrived, they pretty much dragged him to his feet and marched him away (which, if the wound was in any way serious, they wouldn't have done). I presume he just did it cos he knew he was getting nicked either way, maybe he thought he'd get it easier if he was injured.

Yikes. Sorry, I could've used a tad more punctuation! Also, while he was on the ground, there were these two absolute scummers shouting at him about something so I imagine there must've been some 'disagreement'. Obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

solace wrote: »
    He instantly jumped and started waving the knife about and screaming something (pretty sure he was eastern European).

Ya I heard it translated as "The Post advertised 50%-off in H+M, but they lie, THEY LIE!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You all remember the crazy man in the Toyota Hiace leading a cops on a chase only to stab himself in the heart and roll onto a roundabout. The cops were stunned.

And then this guy.

You would wonder what goes through peoples minds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jancuks

I was right there when it happened. I was going over to see my girlfriend in the Perfume Shop and she was a little freaked out because the guy was right outside the shop and she was the only one there. She told me he had been drinking vodka and the Crescent security guys came up to him to tell him to get rid or get lost and he whipped out a knife. He already had blood all over his face at this stage so I don't know what happened before that. When I got there, he was just sitting on the bench in the central area drinking the vodka while the security guards were off calling the Gardai. I was standing about 5 metres away when the cops first approached him. He instantly jumped and started waving the knife about and screaming something (pretty sure he was eastern European). One of the lady guards put her hands up in a kind of "just relax" way but he kept jabbing the knife towards them threateningly. Then she takes out her baton and moves a step closer... and he just stabs himself in the chest. Really ****ing surreal. Looked like he was aiming for his heart like! However, I stayed there while they were looking after him and there didn't seem to be too much blood so I'd say the wound wasn't too deep. Plus, after the proper medical staff arrived, they pretty much dragged him to his feet and marched him away (which, if the wound was in any way serious, they wouldn't have done). I presume he just did it cos he knew he was getting nicked either way, maybe he thought he'd get it easier if he was injured.

Yikes. Sorry, I could've used a tad more punctuation! Also, while he was on the ground, there were these two absolute scummers shouting at him about something so I imagine there must've been some 'disagreement'. Obviously.
    You sound like typical Irish who belives that all crime in Ireland is commited by "some eastern European guy". BTW He was just one of Irish knackers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Berty wrote: »
    You all remember the crazy man in the Toyota Hiace leading a cops on a chase only to stab himself in the heart and roll onto a roundabout. The cops were stunned.

And then this guy.

You would wonder what goes through peoples minds?

The radiator?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭NewsWire

He was a Lithuanian national, released from hospital the same night, wounds not serious. Already back in the Crescent Shopping center causing trouble.

fecking lithuanians LOL

Jancuks wrote: »
    You sound like typical Irish who belives that all crime in Ireland is commited by "some eastern European guy". BTW He was just one of Irish knackers ;)

man does this guy look foolish.Generally when people say something lik he sounded eastern european and not eastern weston. Theres a mild difference but being with both for so long you notice the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭RINO87

Jumpy wrote: »
    The radiator?

zing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Also, while he was on the ground, there were these two absolute scummers shouting at him about something so I imagine there must've been some 'disagreement'. Obviously.

Yeah Limerick Scumbags worried about foreign Scumbags stealing their "role"

- Its a real shame that this terrible event happened in the heart of Western Europes largest inbreeding venue.

@ Janucks how dare you generalise about us Irish in such a carefree and seemingly incorrect manner.... Anyway an Irish scumbag wouldn't have the motivation, dedication and good judgement to manage to stab himself heroically.

- Also he would know that assault with a deadly weapon + drunk and disorderly etc. etc. means fcuk all with Irelands revolving door legal system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Stabbing in Limerick.

Shock, horror, bewilderment, disbelief, gasp, surprise. :eek:
    No, it can't be true, not in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Hagar wrote: »
    Stabbing in Limerick.

Shock, horror, bewilderment, disbelief, gasp, surprise. :eek:
    No, it can't be true, not in Limerick.

comments like this really add a lot to the thread...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Well I was going to ask for the thread to be stickied since we seem to have them on a regular basis but you're not going to like that either.

Well it was in such a public place, with a lot of CCTV, just though it was a stupid place to commit a crime!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭oh well

, just though it was a stupid place to commit a crime!

apart from carrying a knife in a public place, I wonder is it a crime to stab yourself????

Advertisement