Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stabbing in the Crescent SC!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Hagar wrote: »
    Stabbing in Limerick.

Shock, horror, bewilderment, disbelief, gasp, surprise. :eek:
    No, it can't be true, not in Limerick.

Well things have definitely improved here - this week has seen scumbags and dodgy characters not even going after each other; they're harming and killing THEMSELVES now.....

Long may that continue......prefer to have an injured / dead scumbag than law-abiding bystander; and if they keep it up we'll be sorted in no time! :)

* unlike other cities and towns

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Stabbing in Limerick.

Shock, horror, bewilderment, disbelief, gasp, surprise. :eek:
    No, it can't be true, not in Limerick.
    hilarious :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Hagar, bringing humour to Boards.ie since 2002 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Hagar is urging people to support his latest venture here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59591390&posted=1#post59591390

Anyway back on topic......Anyone got any links to news stories etc? The self-stabber of Dooradoyle sounds like a real peoples Hero.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

An File wrote: »
    Hagar, bringing humour to Boards.ie since 2002 :D

....unfortunately the exact same "humour" (if it can even be called that) :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Ah lads don't take it to heart. It's only banter. Don't be getting your Janet Raeger's in a twist.

Just look at the abuse the Dubs put up with. According to you non-Dubs we are all classed as one or more of the following:
    West Brit
    Mugger
    Anto
    Skanger
    Drug dealer
    Rugger Buggers...
    etc etc
    Never a good word said. Need I go on?

Sure Limerick has a gang problem, so has Dublin and every major town and city worldwide. Unfortunately there have been a number of high-profile incidents in the Limerick area that paint the city in a bad light. We all know the bad guys are a minority and that the vast population of Limerick are decent hard-working people, same as anywhere else. What I can't understand is why the Gardaí aren't getting the information, via the confidential hotline, to get these thugs off the streets. It's in your own hands.

"The only thing needed for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing. " - Edmund Burke

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You may be of that view Hagar but only last week two people, one in Castlebar and one in Dublin, actually apologised to me on learning that we lived in Limerick.

I am going to have to learn to tell them in I live North Tipperary.(where I actually live)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

. What I can't understand is why the Gardaí aren't getting the information, via the confidential hotline, to get these thugs off the streets. It's in your own hands.

Fair enough point, what i dont understand is, the Gardai know who is committing the crimes, but they just dont have the evidence to put these felons away.

Instead they get them for "minor" crimes, its possibly the only way of locking them up for a bit, each time they re-offend, the judge is reminded of these crimes and their sentence gets longer and longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

think they have a fairly strong hunch on who committed this one. He was caught "red-handed" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

zuroph wrote: »
    think they have a fairly strong hunch on who committed this one. He was caught "red-handed" :pac:

ba_dum_tsh.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

Jancuks wrote: »
    You sound like typical Irish who belives that all crime in Ireland is commited by "some eastern European guy". BTW He was just one of Irish knackers ;)

I didn't mean it like that at all. You type like Niko Bellic sounds in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jocksandsocks

Ah lads don't take it to heart. It's only banter. Don't be getting your Janet Raeger's in a twist.

Just look at the abuse the Dubs put up with. According to you non-Dubs we are all classed as one or more of the following:
    West Brit
    Mugger
    Anto
    Skanger
    Drug dealer
    Rugger Buggers...
    etc etc
    Never a good word said. Need I go on?

Sure Limerick has a gang problem, so has Dublin and every major town and city worldwide. Unfortunately there have been a number of high-profile incidents in the Limerick area that paint the city in a bad light. We all know the bad guys are a minority and that the vast population of Limerick are decent hard-working people, same as anywhere else. What I can't understand is why the Gardaí aren't getting the information, via the confidential hotline, to get these thugs off the streets. It's in your own hands.

"The only thing needed for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing. " - Edmund Burke

ha thats 1 thing ye aint...rugger buggers.the game has to played in the area to be called that

• Registered Users Posts: 41 IrishGooner83

Instead they get them for "minor" crimes, its possibly the only way of locking them up for a bit, each time they re-offend, the judge is reminded of these crimes and their sentence gets longer and longer.[/quote]

Well I know that in the past even when someone has made a complaint to the Gardai an the perpetrator of the crime is explicitly known and has been caught red handed doing the crime/assault...

That the Gards often advise people not to progress with indivdiual straight-up charges against these thugs as its not worth the hassle/intimidation/heartache that will result in going to court etc etc.

They also know that very little sentence will be passed and the innocent individual could be putting themselves in the firing lin for future hassles regardless..

This country needs a zero tolerance policy... But we also need the prison/detention spaces necessary for this policy to be effective and actually followed up.

I also dont understand why measures such as greater visible Garda presence late at night (Fri/Sat) are not implemented as a deterrent. Everyone knows that there will be hassle of some form near the chippers/fast food outlets at 2-4 am every week... Why not have 4/5 Gards patrolling the street at that time!??

Advertisement