Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E66

• 25-03-2009 9:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭

Am thinking about changing to a Nokia E66.

What do ye think, would it be a good move?

I am currently using a N95 8GB which I like but just want a change and could be getting it free in work.

Anyway I use alot of the applications on the N95, wifi, gps, the music player,quick office etc, and I am wondering if it will be a good move changing or not

I had an E65 in the past and liked it and dont want to go for the likes of the E71,mainly because of the QWERTY keypad (which imo doesnt work well with fat fingers!!)
    Am also not a fan or touch screen due to working in a dusty enviorment.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If its free thats always nice. Both phones have a very similar spec. One of the biggest downsides of the E66 is the camera is a 3Mp but you didnt mention that in what you wanted,, will that bother you?

It does everything else much the same. It has a slightly smaller screen, 2.6" versus the 2.8" of the n95.

You will need to get a card for the E66, it can take up to 8Gb so thats fine for you apps.

For the music i think the E66 has a 2.5mm headphones versus the standard headphone jack that the n95 has (3.5mm) You can get adapter to use 3.5 headphones no problem and dirt cheap no big deal.

The ram in both phones is the same so should handle your apps fine. Also the E66 is newer than the n95 so the firmware should be an improvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭steelbar

Thanks for that, the camera is the only bad point, but hey you cant have it all!!

All I have to do now is convince work to give me a free one!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Hi Steelbar

Had the N95 8gb myself loved it, but found it to be a bit bulky and changed for an e66 and fell in love. It's a really nice phone, carries nearly the same amount of features as the n95 8gb, camera quality is the same unless you are going to print them up. The quality of the phone as in the steel casing makes it more attractive as well which is an extra :)

Advertisement