Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr. Sebastian?

Options
  • 25-03-2009 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone ever hear of this guy?

I never heard of him until today, basically he is the european equivalent of Jim Ward and was even 'sponsored' by doug malloy. Basically himself and Jim Ward traded their techniques and perfected them.

Bit of further reading - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Oversby

Ever hear of him? 1 vote

Yesh
    0%
    No
    100%
    Teh Russ 1 vote

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

No................until now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Was quite shocked myself when I was told about him.
    The god father of european piercing it seems, alas he died in '96.
    His case was also the one that basically legalised piercing in england anyway and brought it out from the underground

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Teh Russ

No
    I'm good friends with Patrick Bartholemew, who was very much a "name" piercer in the UK back in the 80s and 90s (he's getting old now and has retired to Yorkshire), and he learned most of his trade from Mr. Sebastian. I've heard nothing but good things about him.

A legend it seems, a little known legend at that.

Wonder why so few have heard of him

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Wood

Yep, he was the business.

He used to do a piercing walkthrough in PFIQ every now and again, they were very much appreciated by me when i was doing my apprenticeship.

He did look like someones dodgy uncle though.

• Advertisement

Yeah I was shown a few of the old PFIQ's where he had lil editorials, was the nostril piercing i think that time and laid out a pretty comprehensive list of the nerves and arteries running near or close to the nose itself. pretty cool to say the least

NSFW images

NSFW small thing about him - http://www.bmezine.com/news/jimward/20050715.html

Advertisement