Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen Worktop Help!!

Options
  • 25-03-2009 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi all,

As you can see i have a circular mark on the kitchen worktop caused by a hot pot. Before you get on to me for being so stupid, don't bother, I'm going mad at myself already!
    Has anyone any ideas on how i could remove this, is there anything i can do to repair the surface? what are kitchen worktops normally sealed with??

3385255387_ea3dab3fc6.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

It happened to me, I had to leave a hot saucepan on worktop as one of my kids had a bad fall, I just had to go to her rescue and did not have time to think about worktop

- I put a nice glass type chopping board over mine :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

I did that too! Well minus the child having a fall part ...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,178 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

your photo is showing as unavailable now.
    What type of surface is it, Im assuming solid wood?
    depending on the damage and the finish you could try to lightly sand it out, but you will then need to reseal/varnish and doing this on a spot will most likey look pretty bad, meaning you have to do the whole length.

Another option might be to get a French Polisher to take a look and see if it can be removed that way, they are pretty good at removing rings from cups of tea etc.

best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I can't see the photo either but if it's a white mark you could try ciggy ash with a damp cloth,works for smaller scald marks from tea cups etc on wood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 peterpan73

i cant see photo but if it is a formica worktop there is not much you can do with it,you can buy a length of formica worktop 3660MM (any colour) for about 80 euro then you would have to get it cut and fitted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement