Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Remmy in 243

Options
  • 25-03-2009 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

Finally managed to find a 243 SPS stainless sporter. Thanks to John Lambert who opened his shop in the evening just for us.
    I quickly slapped on some Wal-Mart mounts and a 6x42 scope that doesn't even have a name printed on, think I paid about 20 Euro for it at the IWA.
    My S&B is just getting other turrets fitted, so this'll do for now.
    Needed three shots to find the zero and another three to see group. She managed 3/4" right out of the box with non floated barrel and stiff trigger. Used 80gr blue Federal.
    So far very happy with this cheapish rifle.
    edi
    DSCN2291.jpg

DSCN2292.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

best of luck with the new set up edi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

dont underestimate the federal 80gr soft points ,i shoot them in my 243 .

if you look at the federal wed site they beat the 100 grs in every respect .

and they are as cheap as chips .

good look with the new rifle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

well ware

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

All the best and well may she ware for you

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

Thanks all for the replies,
    I'll use this rifle now to design a nice remmy stock. Something between hunter and varmint style. Sort the trigger out and put a decent scope on.
    She'll be OK then.
    edi

• Advertisement
Advertisement