Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Visas for South/Central America

• 25-03-2009 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

How do,

I'm heading away for a couple of month to South America, kinda whirlwind tour of the gringo trail from Rio through Iguazu to Buenos Aries, then up through Salta/Potosi/Atacama/La Paz/Puno/Cuzco.

Just wondering if anyone knows what the deal is with visas? Obviously my flight is into Rio, and out from Cuzco, will I have any issues at border crossings if I dont have a pre-issued visa?

Also, anyone know anything about visas for Cuba and Mexico?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,066 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

vinylbomb wrote: »
    How do,

I'm heading away for a couple of month to South America, kinda whirlwind tour of the gringo trail from Rio through Iguazu to Buenos Aries, then up through Salta/Potosi/Atacama/La Paz/Puno/Cuzco.

Just wondering if anyone knows what the deal is with visas? Obviously my flight is into Rio, and out from Cuzco, will I have any issues at border crossings if I dont have a pre-issued visa?

Also, anyone know anything about visas for Cuba and Mexico?

Cheers

You are doing almost the identical trip to me. We are flying into Rio start of June and out of Lima at end of August.

How much were your flights and injections out of curiosity ?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭vinylbomb

My situation a little messed up in terms of flights and charges, because I am travelling on to Vancouver to work there for a year or more.

Due to the visa requirements that USIT (the visa issuer) specify I HAD to book my transatlantic flight with them otherwise they wouldn't issue my visa. Robbing shower of £^&*$%. So it was just over 600 one way to Rio.
    I could have knocked 200 or more off that booking with other companies.

For the rest of my flights (Cuzco to Cancun >> Cancun to Mexico City >> Mexico City to Vancouver ) I did some serious shopping around and the best by a fair margin were eBookers.ie. Cost me €900 for the lot.

Jabs - TMB Grafton St, €225 give or take a fiver.

Heading off in 10 days. Sweeeeeeeetttttttt :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,066 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

vinylbomb wrote: »
    For the rest of my flights (Cuzco to Cancun >> Cancun to Mexico City >> Mexico City to Vancouver ) I did some serious shopping around and the best by a fair margin were eBookers.ie. Cost me €900 for the lot.

Jabs - TMB Grafton St, €225 give or take a fiver.

Heading off in 10 days. Sweeeeeeeetttttttt :)

900 for the lot is very very good considering the flight to Rio was 600. 225 euro...ouch.

I cant wait, seeya over there! w00t.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Ritchi

Arriving in Santiago myself in about a month, and as far as I can see you don't need pre-issued visas for any country, they just issue them at the border. Was in Cuba and Mexico a few years ago, and didn't need a visa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭HankScorpio1985

i know you dont need a visa for anywhere you've mentioned but if youre going to cuba and then on to vancouver you might have a bit of trouble. if youre heading to vancouver i presume youre stopping off in the usa? well if you are the americans are fairly stern on people coming from cuba even if they are europeans. you might be able to talk youre way out of it or you might get lucky and get a nice immigration person but beware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Ritchi

When I was in Cuba, they didn't stamp your passport, so unless you make the mistake of telling them in the US that you were there(like I did and got held for about 4 hours), you'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Mercy

EDIT: Below is correct, stupid visahq site is very badly organised and confusing. Colombia does not require a tourist visa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Last time I checked it didn`t. Or if it does I`m in trouble as I`m in Lima airport and flying there in a few hours!

See below
    http://www.colombianconsulate.co.uk/#uno

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭vinylbomb

if youre heading to vancouver i presume youre stopping off in the usa?

I wasnt going to be initially, the plan was fly direct from Mexico City but stupid swine flu has made a balls of that.

Advertisement