Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus flight change/cancel

Options
  • 25-03-2009 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Here's the basic story, am looking for advice on how it will play out.
    Booked flights to Barcelona, 2 people, supposed to be returning Saturday.
    Due to personal reasons, 1 person needs to return Friday. I checked the change service on the website, and you can only change the entire itinerary, not just one person, unless you call up, and the helpdesk is closed.
    So I booked the flight on Friday for the 1 person independently.

When the other person goes to check-in on Saturday, will there be a problem (since he will be on his own)?

Is there any chance that the 1 pre-booked bag (which is assigned to the person who won't be there on Saturday) can be transferred onto the other person who is flying?

Should I phone and cancel out of courtesy, or will I be more likely to get my bag transferred to the other passenger on Saturday if I keep my mouth shut for now?

Thanks,
    -S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭mel123

no dont cancel, just dont use the flight, and then claim back the taxes on the flight u didnt use, just ring customer service tell them u didnt use the flight, give the reference number and they will refund what is due to you less a handling charge, think its about 10euro. you have 28 days to do this after the unused flight. a lot of people dont know u can do this, but u can do it with any airline.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

mel123 wrote: »
    no dont cancel, just dont use the flight, and then claim back the taxes on the flight u didnt use, just ring customer service tell them u didnt use the flight, give the reference number and they will refund what is due to you less a handling charge, think its about 10euro. you have 28 days to do this after the unused flight. a lot of people dont know u can do this, but u can do it with any airline.

It's 20 euro per ticket with Aer Lingus

Advertisement