Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

budget 2009??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Anyone reckon dole will be cut?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    :D

Why is it you always hear people shouting about the need to raise tax on the wealthy that own and keep businesses going, do these people realize one thing?

That these companies ( yeah they pay tax :pac: ) don't want to see their profits drop and how do they make sure that it doesn't drop when taxes are already ridiculous for them and their sales are low?

You guessed it, they start sacking people and then people complain about companies outsourcing jobs :rolleyes:

What incentive is their for these employers to keep their labour in the Ireland if it is too expensive to employ the necessary workforce and paye huge taxes?

Name an incentive, I would love to learn something new today!

Raising Diesel lol, few more people sacked to pay that!

Dropping everything is the way to go, goverment have enough money and need to learn how to use it properly.Too many senior staff/supervisors or whatever they are called in every department who do **** all and need to actually work.They need to help the economy as a whole out by lowering **** and forget about themselves.

If you read tech2's post correctly you will see that he said decrease the tax on diesel. This would be a positive move in my opinion, it might help lower (albeit very slightly) the cost of goods, as they are now being delivered to shops etc at a lower cost. Having worked for a distribution company, the two main costs we faced were labour and diesel.

Also, you mention you are against raising taxes on the wealthy, presumably in response to the suggested 3rd tax band at 48%? Companies do not pay income tax, they pay corporation tax. And all indications are that the rate of corporation tax will remain untouched. In your arguement, it is only the salary the owner of a company draws that will be taxed at a higher rate. And that's only if he earns above 100k.

I for one would be in favour in such a tax. People on low incomes don't save much (if at all). Taking money out of they're pockets will harm the economy). People on high incomes save, and can afford the luxuries in life, like foreign holidays etc. Taxing them more will help keep money in the economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

Dudess wrote: »
    Anyone reckon dole will be cut?

I think it might be cut, but only marginally, say 5 euro. I think they will point to deflation as their arguement for doing so.

I think the government will cut down heavily on tax reliefs, and other social welfare payments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    :D

Raising Diesel lol, few more people sacked to pay that!

Dropping everything is the way to go, goverment have enough money and need to learn how to use it properly.Too many senior staff/supervisors or whatever they are called in every department who do **** all and need to actually work.They need to help the economy as a whole out by lowering **** and forget about themselves.

If you read my post correctly you will see I asked for a decrease in diesel prices. I cant really make out the rest of your post tbh.

Advertisement