Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (UK) - Week 1

Options
  • 25-03-2009 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

and we're off..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

Anyone hear Nick on Dave Fanning at 7pm tonight, he was good! He sounds like a real decent man. And he said about the guy who left the show before it started!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

SurAlun's first couple of gags were pretty lame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Who bottled it, and will he be replaced?

Ok, the teacher guy is really annoying already - "right, I'm actually a teachah"

Who bottled it, and will he be replaced?

Ok, the teacher guy is really annoying already - "right, I'm actually a teachah"
    Nick said that he wasn't replaced, he left just as they were about to meet SAS

£100 to clean a car?:D

• Advertisement

How difficult is it to clean a car :rolleyes:

Finally someone decides to do a roadside car wash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Sugar won't like people that can't graft!

Theres noone standing out yet as being good yet, though I do like the PM of the lads team, seems a solid head. The boardroom awaits though...

The Newcastle lad is a snake

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

Anita.... what a muppet

• Registered Users Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

She looks like she got a belt in the face with a shovel

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

The one that got fired is some munter but there's an even more muntered one, the bird with the glasses, think she might be Irish.
    Anyways the right decision was made just about. I notice the annoying editing vis a vis facial reactions has continued this series.

• Advertisement

Most of them look beat-down, tbh.

As usual, lots of saying what they think Sir Alan wants to hear, and very little actual business acumen or general charm

Having said that, I will be watching it...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Aidric wrote: »
    The one that got fired is some munter but there's an even more muntered one, the bird with the glasses, think she might be Irish.

She is a Londoner, right choice made imo.

KevIRL wrote: »
    She looks like she got a belt in the face with a shovel

She looks like Jake Tucker from Family Guy... upside down faced kid

Quality stuff again, very early days and too early to make any comments on the actual candidates should be great watching and getting to know them though, great tv.

just watching 'you're fired' on bbc2, yer one Anita looks totally different on it, like 10 years younger.... and she's smiling!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I think she should have been fired.

Honestly does no one know how to wash a car.

I love Margaret...she is gas!

robo wrote: »
    I love Margaret...she is gas!

She comes up with some great one liners.

Thought it was a dull enough first episode to be honest. Didn't really seem to be any stand-out characters compared to other years. Then again it was only the first episode and it might take a couple of weeks to get into its stride.

First episodes are always a bit slow, it takes a few to actually get some insight into the characters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

Thought it was a dull enough first episode to be honest. Didn't really seem to be any stand-out characters compared to other years.

I disagree. None of the first episodes create any "characters".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Thought it was a good start to the new season. The characters will start to develop as we go along (Theres a Geordie and a Northern lad in it for fupp sake).

If it can match the impeccably high standards of the third series then it'll be good in my book. :D

I disagree. None of the first episodes create any "characters".

Which is what I said. As an opening episode it was still dull although I can understand why.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭md23040

What’s the apprentice to be an apprentice of? Sky bought him out of the satellite dishes through a forced low priced deal. Leaving only a failed property empire (Amsprop) and digital notice boards business (Viglen Ltd) for doctor’s surgeries and hotel receptions.

Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I thought there were a few characters! Mona, Debra and Kate (the heavily made up blonde) on the girls team were all gas with the bitching and backstabbing. And the Muslim guy is like Tre with his comment about not getting beaten by women, and getting his wife to do the cleaning! Not sure about the rest of the guys. The NI stockbroker was annoying (ditch the braces), didn't like their PM, but the Geordie Philip may be good TV.

And as for Maggie and Nick - diamond TV! She even scorped at the girls' team and she wasn't even minding them.

Anyone know what fella pulled out at the last minute?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

They had a clip on The Apprentice You're Fired I thought the panel were a bit mean to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭md23040

Some bloke who sold his annyoing ringtone business. He pulled out the night before the task because of young family commitments.

The estate agent and trainee stockbroker took big gambles going on this show - giving up their lucrative careers. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Elmo wrote: »
    They had a clip on The Apprentice You're Fired I thought the panel were a bit mean to him.

How?The guy new what the show is about and what he was getting into , then at the last minute he bails because he says he couldnt be away from his family. But its so late on that no one else gets a chance to step in so hes not alone decided to drop out hes stopped someone else who really wanted to be on it from having a place...deserves any abuse he got.

Advertisement