Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internet keeps stopping restarting sometimes.

Options
  • 26-03-2009 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

On some web pages that I visit my internet (internet explorer) stops and restarts but only on certain webpages..Is this an issue with.
    1.my PC
    2.modem/router (download speed)
    3.Broadband provider
    4.The web page that i am on at that time.
    5. AntiVirus program or a virus
    6. None of the above

Does'nt happen that often but sometimes you come accross a web page that stops and restarts my internet!!!
    Any help or is this normal on Vista!!!

Thanks for help.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

dimma02 wrote: »
    On some web pages that I visit my internet (internet explorer) stops and restarts but only on certain webpages..Is this an issue with.
    1.my PC
    2.modem/router (download speed)
    3.Broadband provider
    4.The web page that i am on at that time.
    5. AntiVirus program or a virus
    6. None of the above

Does'nt happen that often but sometimes you come accross a web page that stops and restarts my internet!!!
    Any help or is this normal on Vista!!!

Thanks for help.:confused:

Try using Mozilla firefox instead of Internet Explorer.

Its free and its better then the crappy Microsoft one.

http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

One more thing you said you don't know a lot about computers It is possible you have spyware on you PC causing the problems.

Firefox works in a different way and using the internet with firefox is a much better experience things then to load a lot faster and run very smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dimma02

Ranicand wrote: »
    One more thing you said you don't know a lot about computers It is possible you have spyware on you PC causing the problems.

Don't think I have spyware..I have firewall on as well as windows defender, Mcaffee plus on at all times and PC seems to run fine and scans come up clean.

Advertisement