Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A FEW BRIGDES TOO FAR, Hrta Milsim Game easter monday.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I'll be going from UCD, wouldn't know how long it would take me to get to clontarf, I can meet in city centre but that prob won't suit you.

I'll give a couple of lads I know a shout, should be able to sort something.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Yeah the city center would be taking me in the opposite direction. The DART takes about 20-30 minutes to get from UCD to Clontarf DART station (Or so my friend says). I dunno what time the DART's start at though.

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    Yeah the city center would be taking me in the opposite direction. The DART takes about 20-30 minutes to get from UCD to Clontarf DART station (Or so my friend says). I dunno what time the DART's start at though.

Yeah that could work, but I'm crap at darts, always an hour and a half late, in the wrong place.

I'll have a look at busses to that area.

Anyone got a common map done up yet, or is the one used last time ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Will a detailed brief be given before the game about boundaries and the likes?

Or is it just simple take the town from the lane?

Plus, will the sides be 50:50?
    or different?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

There have been a lot of additions since that map was done, what with extra buildings and of course all the bridges! Don't think it will be practical to try and update it on Monday morning as that's leaving it a bit late! Everyone needs to be 'singing off the same hymn sheet' - memories from the last milsim still haunt me of calling grid references for airstrikes only to realise that the person at the other end didn't have a gridded map! :o
    Anyone any good at CAD or some other design programme that can get out there before Monday and get it drawn up? I can certainly go down and give them a hand but my computer skills would be passable at best!

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Will a detailed brief be given before the game about boundaries and the likes?

Or is it just simple take the town from the lane?

Plus, will the sides be 50:50?
    or different?

The boundary would be the ditch, the only way in the to the field, is over the 6 brigdes, from the lane only, sides will split 50 50.

Paul.

Have realised the easiest way around this - is there any way that Andy_g could take an ariel shot of HRTA on one of his fly-overs and we can just grid that! Perfect! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

If you don't have enough magazines can you carry the rest of your ammo in speed loaders?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

hrta wrote: »

Rifle drum mags 3 maximum.

what does this mean? its under the ammo heading in original posting, also is there a restriction on m203 rounds??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

thermo wrote: »
    hrta wrote: »

Rifle drum mags 3 maximum.

what does this mean? its under the ammo heading in original posting, also is there a restriction on m203 rounds??

I think it refers to C-Mags and other box-mags people seem to think are a good idea on M4's. (they make baby jebus cry).

Dunno about M203 rounds though.

oh forgot to ask is there and end time for the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

its from 10 am to 7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Have realised the easiest way around this - is there any way that Andy_g could take an ariel shot of HRTA on one of his fly-overs and we can just grid that! Perfect! :pac:

have one from a few months back coming back from a training run with work but still waiting on my ecs unit back but i'll work on getting up to date ones for ya's

andy_g wrote: »
    have one from a few months back coming back from a training run with work but still waiting on my ecs unit back but i'll work on getting up to date ones for ya's

That'd be great - don't suppose that will happen before Monday morning though eh?

Hmmm, ECS unit.......is that something you'll find in your bathroom??!!:confused:

i know it was probably asked before but can we use the blueprint from A.I.M. magazine??

thermo wrote: »
    i know it was probably asked before but can we use the blueprint from A.I.M. magazine??

Yes, I got permission from Take Aim to use the map for the last Milsim. The problem is that the site has changed so much since the map was drawn and that's why I was looking for someone with computer abilities greater than my own to draw up a nice shiny new one! Drawing a map on the back of a cigarette packet in the rain on the morning of the event is shag all use when you need to call in an airstrike - you'll more than likely end up getting your own ass fragged instead of the enemy!!:eek: It's sooo much more useful & helpful when everyone has the same map with the same grid references!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

any lifts going on monday? would be able to get myself to any of the trainstations around dublin

anybody got any spare m4 mags for this??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

That'd be great - don't suppose that will happen before Monday morning though eh?

Hmmm, ECS unit.......is that something you'll find in your bathroom??!!:confused:

hmm thats what the bog is called in a drunken state in the early hours of the morning haha been waiting bout 2 months for it back so hopefully have it soon

• Advertisement

andy_g wrote: »
    hmm thats what the bog is called in a drunken state in the early hours of the morning haha been waiting bout 2 months for it back so hopefully have it soon

I think it would be great if you could get an up to date ariel pic of the site just for future Milsims. In the meantime, I'll try and get up there later and draw up something that will get us by for Monday. I checked Google Earth but the picture of the area is so old I'm sure I saw dinosaurs grazing in the Hawks base...lol:p

Anyone sort the map yet?

Can I suggest using the take aim one for now, and we'll have to guess the positions of non drawn buildings, as though the map were out of date, this could be realistic as not all maps issued would be up to date.

Can someone link this map please, I lost the link.

Thanks.

Anyone sort the map yet?

Can I suggest using the take aim one for now, and we'll have to guess the positions of non drawn buildings, as though the map were out of date, this could be realistic as not all maps issued would be up to date.

Can someone link this map please, I lost the link.

Thanks.

Here you go. Am trying to get out of here in a while and head up to HRTA with some graph paper and try and improve on it though!

If you can put up a map I can slap a grid on it with auto cad, just give me a scale to work with, ie, tell me a length of a building, so I can space the grids at 5m increments.

If someone can advice me also on how the grid should work, that would be great, so far its 5x5m squares, with gridlines marked abc... 123... etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

That scale would work fine. Thats what we ended up scrawling on a page last time anyways.

Im sitting here looking at the jpg aswell. If only we had the original one so we could edit it.

I could try in photoshop, not an expert but I use all these programs for designing schemes, what would you change?

What would be useful is a simple gridline scale on top of the hrta map there. If we had the original template (probably some cad file) then we could add in new buildings, put in a grid reference system.

Im sitting here with visio and trying to layer a grid reference on top of the jpg but it aint very friendly. I could probably jury rig up something but I wont be able to put new buildings in unlesss I draw them in pencil afterwards. But as ya said, its more realistic doing that! :)

conor-mr2 wrote: »
    What would be useful is a simple gridline scale on top of the hrta map there. If we had the original template (probably some cad file) then we could add in new buildings, put in a grid reference system.

Im sitting here with visio and trying to layer a grid reference on top of the jpg but it aint very friendly. I could probably jury rig up something but I wont be able to put new buildings in unlesss I draw them in pencil afterwards. But as ya said, its more realistic doing that! :)

Getting the grid on is easy with cad and photoshop, I want the new buildings, and their locations, pity, it takes alot to do that.

The old map is not entirely accurate, more of a stylised distorted map, but I'll have a crack at it.

Thats would be cool to get the grid reference up.

Its better than being out with a ruler and marking it off.

Wheres Andy with that aerial shot!

• Advertisement

Ive added a grid reference to the original Take AIM map.

Its nothing special but I hope its useful. New structures will still need to be drawn in.

Thanks to the original creator of the map and TAKE AIM.

Also thanks to Rogue for asking for permission to scan in the first place.

Advertisement