Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A FEW BRIGDES TOO FAR, Hrta Milsim Game easter monday.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

There are 6 'covered bridges' and one 'wooden crossing' - that makes 7!!:p
    And damn you for putting out more cabins and messing up my map - you might have mentioned that yesterday while I was slaving away over a hot pencil & graph paper!! :D
    hrta wrote: »
    Just one small point, that map has 7 brigdes, there is only 6 ;)
    And sorry, i put 2 more cabins out on the field today as well.

I was just gonna point that out. :D
    Are only allowed use the new bridges? If thats the case which one is the wooden bridge?
    And would you be able to tell us what squares the new cabins are in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    Thank you very much for your offer, but I couldn't take any mags off you if you need them.

No problem. I'd really rather hang on to them alright, but thought I'd offer in case it meant that you might not be able to otherwise attend! That Rolf Harris song 'Two Little Boys' is coming into my mind for some reason...:p
    I was just gonna point that out. :D
    Are only allowed use the new bridges? If thats the case which one is the wooden bridge?

It will be obvious when you are on the ground - I guess I should have coloured that in too but I was getting tired and besides, I've already printed and laminated everything and I'm fcuked if I'm doing it all again!!:eek:
    And would you be able to tell us what squares the new cabins are in?

I think Paul likes throwing in a few last minute 'variables' to spice things up!!

By the way Paul - I also printed out a few copies of the rules in case somebody hasn't learned them off by heart read them so there will be no 'plausible deniability' from anyone in the morning (in other words so Ronan won't be blowing a gasket before we've even started!!:p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

No problem. I'd really rather hang on to them alright, but thought I'd offer in case it meant that you might not be able to otherwise attend! That Rolf Harris song 'Two Little Boys' is coming into my mind for some reason...:p

It will be obvious when you are on the ground - I guess I should have coloured that in too but I was getting tired and besides, I've already printed and laminated everything and I'm fcuked if I'm doing it all again!!:eek:

I think Paul likes throwing in a few last minute 'variables' to spice things up!!

Thanks again for the offer. But seeing as I bailed on the last milsim, I'm going to this one no matter what :D.

And I suppose your right, I wouldn't imagine the military go and update all their maps every time someone puts an extension on their house ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Well I can no longer bring the gun I was planning on bringing. So by any chance can I borrow 5 Stanag (M4/M16) mid-caps off some one? You will have my greatest thanks. (And yes I realize this is very last minute).

I'll lend you a few of mine mate. I'll either have 2 or 4 ... niot sure yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭whydave

best of luck today have great one !

David

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Sorry I missed today, events conspired against me. How was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Was there around half four for a look and it looked like everyone was enjoying themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

To put it simply...today was excellent. :D

God I love Mil-Sims...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

I thoroughly enjoyed today. Learned that I should get a mosfet, a new 120 motor and go down the lipo battery route. :)

Thanks to Paul for hosting the game.
    Thanks to Mel and her helper for the lovely burgers.

Mostly thanks to the players who came out today. Good banter and tough gaming today.

I echo sci-ops comment-- milsims rock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Fantastic time

Thanks as usual to Paul and his marshall team for running a fantastic day, and Mel for keeping everyone going with burgers for the troops.

My thanks to all the players who turned up, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. There was some serious experienced players out today and the games were hard fought. A good scenario for milsim, that enabled games to turn around in a matter of minutes.

Great day thanks to everyone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

great day out!
    thanks to all the players today was good craic,,,,,, what a christining under fire for my once shiney m4!! whens the next one?

thermo wrote: »
    great day out!
    thanks to all the players today was good craic,,,,,, what a christining under fire for my once shiney m4!! whens the next one?

Friday.

Great day lads despite the weather, the cold and my impatience.

Copious use of pyros ... I still stink of smoke 'nade ;)

Cheers to Paul, PK and the other lad for the marshalling and organisation and to Mel for the burgers.

Looking forward to Friday a lot now

whats on friday??

whats on friday??

The first of the episodic milsims (kif the feckin weather doesnt blow our hard work away).

Check out the MilSim Night thread in the main forum. It'll tell you what you need to know.

Wow - what a day! Can honestly say I had a ball - that was one of the most enjoyable airsoft days I've had (3 epic wins had nothing to do with it of course, ahem:cool:)! Throwing numerous flash-bangs also helped!:D
    The scenario worked really well and I can see a shorter version of it being a game that will be played on a regular day in HRTA. Thanks, as always, to Paul for putting it all together, Ronan & the lads for keeping the games rolling along smoothly, Mel & 'the money girl' for burger-heaven and of course all the players. It has to be said that there was a high standard today and a very honourable days gaming. Thanks also to The Hawks & Recon - you guys were an absolute pleasure to play alongside!
    I too love Milsim - it truly rocks!!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Another good days milsim. As already said, very honourable play from all. Congrats to the Hawks side, you owned the day, no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Great day. Excellent job by all. Looking forward to the next one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Yea, just to echo everyones comments - fantastic days gaming all round.
    Thanks to all. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Fun day, thanks to all who made it happen.

And hivemind? Sorry about the smoke smell :P

• Advertisement

might not be the place for this but where can you get ak 74 mid caps? thinkin of bringing the ak out for the next one!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

might not be the place for this but where can you get ak 74 mid caps? thinkin of bringing the ak out for the next one!!

Brown
    Black

Its about 20 dollars shipping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

had to say really enjoyed today love milsim games have to agree with rogue-trooper 3 epic wins although i have to say lemming ya got me with a great shot on bridge 3 directly in the chest. and last lets hope theres alot more milsim to come thanks to the hawks working alongside with recon hopefully we will do it again sometime. andy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

A fantastic days gaming.

Big thanks to Paul and the Marshals.

Look forward to seeing more of this in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭DICEMAN7

+1 to what everyone said today,great games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Defender dude was my hostage for a few minutes, it took 4 or more of them to take him from me, curse you hawks and recon!

I had good craic, thanks to all involved.

Brown
    Black

Its about 20 dollars shipping

cheers cheeky monkey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Big thanks to Ronan and Paul K, Niail the new marshal, Mel for warm food, Rogue-Trooper for the site maps, and all the players.
    One of the best days milsim i have seen, keep up the good work lads.

Theres alot more milsim to come.

Paul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Must say i really enjoyed myself.

Got a go at commanding, that was actually quite fun, despite not having my radio, and thanks to Doc and Dar for the help there.

Though when we were attacking and we heard we were across bridge one i think we were just as surprised as the Defending team.

I didn't do anything for a few minutes because i thought we'd be slaughtered, but then i heard it called again.

Ventured over to find Defenderdude waving at me from the other side.

Then after a lonnnnng sprint to the back of the Village, I could hear Garry calling out on the Radio "We're surrounded and they're moving in Fast".

Then i starting meeting up with random attackers at various points, don't know how with didn't have any Friendly fire incidents.

When we regrouped i think we all were confused as to how the hell we did it so quick.

But as Said above fair play to everyone there. Only as i got home last night did i realise how bloody Honest that day was.

Cheers again to Paul and the lads for organising and running it.

• Advertisement

hrta wrote: »
    thanks to Rogue-Trooper for the site maps.

I can't take all the credit - Sam was the one that got it all fancy looking & gridded on his computer after I was finished with my crayons!:p

Advertisement