Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

slideshow for frontpage 2003

Options
  • 26-03-2009 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Im trying to add a simple flash slideshow with 3 or 4 pics into frontpage 2003.
    What programme would be the best to do this.Ive created one in flash cs4 but the format was fla. which didnt work in frontpage.I also found cs4 difficult to use as im new to this.
    Could someone please point me in the right direction,any help would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

thanks,
    but im not sure if this is what im after,I want something that I can use myself without internet connection.I need to make a site and put it on a disc for a project.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Its just Javascript so if you use local images it will be fine.

As for the JS file, just download it

cheers ill give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Im trying to add a simple flash slideshow with 3 or 4 pics into frontpage 2003.
    What programme would be the best to do this.Ive created one in flash cs4 but the format was fla. which didnt work in frontpage.I also found cs4 difficult to use as im new to this.
    .FLA is the format for the Flash program, but it's not a format that is used on the web. You need to 'publish' the movie in Flash, and that produces a .SWF file, which can be used in a webpage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭steamboat

Lightbox2 seems to be the flavour of choice for this sort of thing at the moment. Very professional looking and simple to implement. Plenty of examples on the web, and does not require server-side processing so will work fine offline (Javascript and css based).

http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox2/

thanks for all the tips. P thats just what i was after I knew it had to be something simple.Another problem however how can I add this file onto a picture so that it can be imported into frontpage.I thought I would simply be able to place the swf. file on to the pic in the position i wanted.but there doesnt seem to be an option to send the pic backwards.Will i have to do this in another programme like cs4.Any help or point in the right direction would be very much appreciated.

Advertisement