Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unable to transfer from 60gb to 120gb

• 26-03-2009 2:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone. I recently got a new 120gb hard drive but am having trouble transferring from my old 60gb drive with the transfer kit. I follow the instructions but it keeps telling me to attach my original Hdd even though its already in. It only refers to it as a 20gb drive though, is this the problem? Will it only work with a 20gb Hdd? Or do I have an old transfer kit?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Maybe you do have an old one cause i think 20gb was the size of the orignal xbox hard drives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yes I had the same problem i mailed their tech support and I have to ring them to get them to send me out a 60 gig disk. below is my reply with the number to ring but I have not yet had a chance to ring them.

This is Arnold, with Microsoft XBOX Support services.

I understand that you are having issues trying to transfer your data from a 60GB hard drive to your new 120GB hard drive. Now you want to know how to obtain the software disc. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.

To properly assist you with this concern, please give us a call and let our phone support team assist you accordingly. Email support does not have access to your account. Our phone support team will be more than glad to assist you with the driver disc.

You can contact us at Ireland: 1-800-509-186 or +353-12420758 from a mobile phone. Hearing Impaired (TTY-device): 1-800-509-197. Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 9:00-22:00; Saturday 09:00-20:00; Sunday 09:00-17:00. (http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/support/contact/)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

I tried to get a 60gig software disc but the m$ tech girl was adamant it was a problem with the lead so they are sending me a new one. Hope it works but I have a feeling I'll have to ring them again for the correct software disk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I havent had a chance to ring them my self so I will try it after work today. Perhaps the new lead will also come with the new disk. I cant see how one USB lead will be different from another.

Advertisement