Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equestrian club?

Options
  • 25-03-2009 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

is there an equestrian society or club in UL and if so what kind of stuff do they organise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I've moved your question to a new thread. It's pointless dragging up a thread with only a tangential connection where the last post is three years ago when you' re better off just starting a new one.

And yes there is (or at least last year there was). Contact details should be on the wall outside the clubs and socs office, just up the stairs in the SU building. I'm afraid I don't know what kind of stuff they organise, though I do know that they went to at least one intervarsity last year so there's competitive stuff involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

No there isn't an equestrian club. There was previously one, but the committee that controlled it was a small clique that didn't make much effort to involve others.

It has been de-recognised, but members did come looking for money for a competition last semester. This is frowned upon, but if you are not one of these people, any attempt to re-start it will be welcomed.

Generally, the type of activity that would be expected would be some veterinary talks, horse care workshops, riding and competing in dressage, hunters etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SmellySockies

Yeahh I was so disappointed that there was no EQ club this year it would really be good. I would love to help re-start it but I am not exactly the most organised person hopefully someone will.

Lol I had to edit my post twice still got my rag week hangover :P

Advertisement