Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenomena Guy

Options
  • 26-03-2009 6:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

If you're in Glenomena you probably know the guy I'm talking about. He came up to our door at 5 am, beating on the door till one of us got up to open it then shouted "F*** Off!" and walked into the courtyard where he was shouting "Wake up Glenomena!" etc ... for about ten mins. He's been in the courtyard enough times before shouting, banging on windows and throwing gravel at higher windows that his voice is familiar.

I'm all in favour of going out and having a good time but am I alone in thinking this is taking the piss? I mean you could understand once or maybe twice but if this keeps up until exams it's going to cause a lot of problems so who do you contact (and how); UCD campus police or the Guards?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Playoff_Beard

shoot him in the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

call down to the reception in glenomena and give them the details of the incident? maybe ask them to pass it onto security?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

And people wonder why I'm not opposed to the gates...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Pharm07

Hate that f*cker. What's the point, every night he goes out.....WAKE UP GLENOMENA. Right, I'm awake, what do you want now??

I was starting to think I was the only person getting annoyed by this. I know who is shouting it......and he's a f*cking prick. he lives in house 4

shoot him in the face.

maybe not, but he deserves something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Raphael wrote: »
    And people wonder why I'm not opposed to the gates...
    What good would the gates do? hold him inside for longer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

There's obviously something seriously wrong with him if he's doing it regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

griffdaddy wrote: »
    What good would the gates do? hold him inside for longer?
    Ah, hadn't realized he was a resident - Apologies. In that case, the best thing to do is figure out where he lives and report him. With any luck a fine and the threat of eviction might well cop him on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Why don't you just go and kick the ****e out of him next time he does it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Pairc

I know that guy alright. He keeps shouting "Hup-ski". I hear that he sleeps all day and drinks a bottle of bucky a day. I came very close to going out to him with a hurley last Wednesday night. Cant believe someone hasn't ran over him yet. Saw him with cans on the way back today. Suppose he's off to coppers again tonight. Hope someone is ready for him tonight. No sleep will be got at all.:mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cazman

Ah there's no real harm in it, i live in glenomena too and have heard him a few times, it pretty funny to listen to. I've always got back to sleep straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

I know exactly who you are talking about. The guy lives in House G4-1. He lives with my friend. He woke me up the other night with "wakey wakey glenomena"....

Oh, I saw him in centra late tonight buying wine so no doubt he'll be at it again tonight. May stick in my ear plugs so.

MuddyDog wrote: »
    I know exactly who you are talking about. The guy lives in House G4-1. He lives with my friend. He woke me up the other night with "wakey wakey glenomena"....

Oh, I saw him in centra late tonight buying wine so no doubt he'll be at it again tonight. May stick in my ear plugs so.

Yeah, seen him at 4 this evening with cans. On the wine then later. Someone should catch him roaring tonight. If anyone hears him they should tear down and apprehend the langer. He must be mad or something. I've a feeling he's on medication. He's forever making animal noises. Has anybody seen him sober????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

So if everyone knows who he is and where he lives why don't any of you just report him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

Is he a tall, well-built lad? I think I know him and I'm not even living on campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Is he tall with curly hair?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

fullstop wrote: »
    Is he tall with curly hair?

Nope....

But I think I know the juck you're on about.

scop wrote: »
    Is he a tall, well-built lad? I think I know him and I'm not even living on campus.

he's small, very small and suffer's from what i think is known as, "Small Man Syndrome." Its a fairly serious condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

As soon as someone said he was small and drinking buckfast, i knew it would be him. would it not make everyones life easier to report him though? its coming up to the last few weeks and if he's doing it all the time, ugh :(

Having a bit of a rant is fair enough but naming and shaming is taking it too far. Poor form lad. Have you nothing better to do? He wakes me up too. Yes it does annoy the s*'t out of me but in all fairness lad, get a life. Inviting people to facebook abuse him......... Is that not bullying? To be honest I'd rather be the lad annoying everyone than the fool that thinks its cool to abuse him on facebook. Sad little man. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Pairc wrote: »
    Having a bit of a rant is fair enough but naming and shaming is taking it too far. Poor form lad. Have you nothing better to do? He wakes me up too. Yes it does annoy the s*'t out of me but in all fairness lad, get a life. Inviting people to facebook abuse him......... Is that not bullying? To be honest I'd rather be the lad annoying everyone than the fool that thinks its cool to abuse him on facebook. Sad little man. :mad:

Delete your post then and it will be gone for all eternity as my post has since been deleted. Don't see why he shouldn't be named and shamed if he is affecting other people with his bullsiit carry on. But yes I agree about the facebook thing, I came back on to delete that bit

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

There was a reason no one had mentioned his name before. Bad form!! if you got issuses with him and you seem to know him so well then why don't you say summit to him yourself!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Hupski hater

Today this thread was brought to my attention and I had no option but to create an account here and vent my frustration. That little ****bag has cost me countless nights of insomnia..
    "Wake up Glenomena I'm back" who cares?? You are clearly a freak, I know who you are.. We've all seen you with your bottle of buckfast which like a round tower beside you, if I get my hands on you some night you'll be getting the but end of that bottle stuck in you mouth although I struggle to think that that would actually mute you...

Baaaaa, your not a sheep!! you are however small enough to be one..

Hup ski is the other thing I'm sick hearing.. I normally hear that when someone is after a herd of wild animals.. You may be a wild animal but your never in a herd, ALWAYS ALONE!!!

Stay asleep glenomena and dont come back you short arsed prick!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BigDaddyDick

Today this thread was brought to my attention and I had no option but to create an account here and vent my frustration. That little ****bag has cost me countless nights of insomnia..
    "Wake up Glenomena I'm back" who cares?? You are clearly a freak, I know who you are.. We've all seen you with your bottle of buckfast which like a round tower beside you, if I get my hands on you some night you'll be getting the but end of that bottle stuck in you mouth although I struggle to think that that would actually mute you...

Hup ski is the other thing I'm sick hearing.. I normally hear that when someone is after a herd of wild animals.. You may be a wild animal but your never in a herd, ALWAYS ALONE!!!

Very harsh comment there. Iv seen him a few times, and he is harmless! there are are worse people on campus that do damage and rob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

Easy to whine about it on an internet forum, a lot harder to actually confront the chap yourself.
    What's with the fixation on his height? Projecting our own insecurities are we?

waaambulance.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 del_piero

is he a northern lad with curly hair and a bit of a babyface? i think its him...:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Winwood

Leprachaun wrote: »
    Why don't you just go and kick the ****e out of him next time he does it?
    Well, not to put too fine a point on it but I'm in no position to fight anybody and I don't really wish him any harm, just that he'd stop.
    cazman wrote: »
    Ah there's no real harm in it, i live in glenomena too and have heard him a few times, it pretty funny to listen to. I've always got back to sleep straight away.
    You have to be kidding right? Sure he's not breaking windows or assaulting people but for those of us who can't get back to sleep it's a problem, especially now coming up to exams when a lot of people are working to deadlines and are under pressure.

As I said, I don't mean to abuse him, cause him harm or get him evicted but I don't want to be woken up at 4am the day of a final year exam and do worse as a result because he's having problems and I don't think that's too much to ask. Ideally somebody who knows him could convince him to take it easy till after exams as he's been reported but the responses the Glenomena officials have are fairly muted and limited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Report him.

Guys like that are a constant nuisance and you should just make people aware. You're in glen, you expect a bit of maturity and that's not a lot to ask for.

Naming and shaming here isn't the place, just take the time to go down to the office and say it, even send an email. A disciplinary meeting will do a lot more than giving out here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Winwood

Report him.

Guys like that are a constant nuisance and you should just make people aware. You're in glen, you expect a bit of maturity and that's not a lot to ask for.

Naming and shaming here isn't the place, just take the time to go down to the office and say it, even send an email. A disciplinary meeting will do a lot more than giving out here.

He's been reported by others and I went down the following day but it seems there isn't a lot they can do without definitive proof and they're trying to take a softer approach and help him with whatever his problem is. I agree naming him here is a bad idea and that a formal approach would be useful but I was just curious as to what others were thinking about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

No its not the boy from the north that has curly hair!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement