Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weanling Bullocks

• 26-03-2009 9:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

Any one selling Weanling Bullocks 260 Kg - 320 KG in the North West.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

adne wrote: »
    Any one selling Weanling Bullocks 260 Kg - 320 KG in the North West.....

Sold 16 last week in Mohill. Lightest weight was 320kg. Heaviest was 480kg. Got a minumum of €2 per Kg. Best price was for a 12 month old Belgian Blug Bullock, 470kg made €980. Had a mixture of BB, Charlois and Limousin.

Was at a mart in Loughrea the week before that. The very best animals there did not even make €2 per kg. It would pay you to buy in Loughrea and draw them the 70 miles to Mohill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭adne

reilig wrote: »
    Sold 16 last week in Mohill. Lightest weight was 320kg. Heaviest was 480kg. Got a minumum of €2 per Kg. Best price was for a 12 month old Belgian Blug Bullock, 470kg made €980. Had a mixture of BB, Charlois and Limousin.

Was at a mart in Loughrea the week before that. The very best animals there did not even make €2 per kg. It would pay you to buy in Loughrea and draw them the 70 miles to Mohill.

Thats great prices Reilig... I'm hoping to pick up some for 9-12 mths old for 280-300 euro with their weight, plan to keep them for slaughter at 30 Months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

adne wrote: »
    Thats great prices Reilig... I'm hoping to pick up some for 9-12 mths old for 280-300 euro with their weight, plan to keep them for slaughter at 30 Months

I was quite happy with them. They did well over the winter. They were probably the best bunch I ever had. I'd suggest that you shop around. Go to a few marts prepared to buy - you might hit on a lucky day. Prices fluctuate a lot depending on how many buyers are there. Think the good weather in the last week has pushed prices up a bit. A lot of guys seem to be buying for grass right now.

Advertisement