Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless issues on Digiweb DSL 3mb

Options
  • 26-03-2009 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

I've recently purchased the Digiweb DSL 3mb package and the service is just awful. Before I ring up to cancel is there anybody here that has an issue with them also. I only want it for Xbox live and I'm picking up the connection via wireless but the signal is down to 2 bars and keeps cutting out all the time.
    Is this normal for the 3mb version ?? do you think i should upgrade it to a better version for playing xbox live.. please help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,389 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I've recently purchased the Digiweb DSL 3mb package and the service is just awful. Before I ring up to cancel is there anybody here that has an issue with them also. I only want it for Xbox live and I'm picking up the connection via wireless but the signal is down to 2 bars and keeps cutting out all the time.
    Is this normal for the 3mb version ?? do you think i should upgrade it to a better version for playing xbox live.. please help.

if its your wireless signal thats down to 2 bars than it's probably an issue with your router set up and not the DSL itself...

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭travispickle8

Akrasia wrote: »
    if its your wireless signal thats down to 2 bars than it's probably an issue with your router set up and not the DSL itself...

How do I set up the router .. they've sent me a zyxel ethernet router/modem which I'm a bit confused about..Is it a modem or router ??? I have a netgear router in me mams house that used to work brilliantly on UPC 3mg broadband.
    Do you think the zyxel router is not compatible for xbox live then ??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Had Digiweb 3mbits for 2 years ( started at 2mbits) and never had an issue with it bar some funny routing for a few hours ...once !

Bet you are in an apartment and that someone else is interfering so change your wifi channel from default 6 or 7 to 6 or 7 or 11 and see what it is like then .

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭travispickle8

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Had Digiweb 3mbits for 2 years ( started at 2mbits) and never had an issue with it bar some funny routing for a few hours ...once !

Bet you are in an apartment and that someone else is interfering so change your wifi channel from default 6 or 7 to 6 or 7 or 11 and see what it is like then .

Cheers I am in an apartment and there is lots of routers around the block.
    I'll try that to see if it works.
    Can you tell me would it be ok to put in my own netgear router instead of the one that digiweb supplied.. would it make any difference..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Not really. As long as it is a combined DSL Modem *AND* Router you can try it. Write down all the existing settings first. Just use the same settings for the WAN/DSL setup page.
    Try router/Modem in a different location. You can add up to 500m of extension DSL phone cable easily if you use twised pair /Cat5 rather than "flat" phone extension cable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

this is better suited to wireless forum as its not the DSL line thats the issue

Advertisement